Partner Louis Lehot presented “Venture Financings: Adding Business Value as a GC” and Partner Brandee Diamond presented “Buyside: Deal Terms and Post-COVID Key Issues for Strategic Buyers” at the TechGC Fullstack GC Conference on Friday, July 23, 2021 in San Francisco, CA.
On the venture financing panel, Lehot discussed how TechGCs can add value in the venture financing process, including:
- Preparing in advance with a clean and fully audited cap table on CARTA
- Making sure key information and agreements are easily accessible in a high quality virtual data room that is investor-ready and on short notice
- Preparing a pro forma cap table with scenarios in different tabs to demonstrate outcomes to key stakeholders and facilitate informed negotiation
- Partnering with outside counsel to negotiate a term sheet that works for all stakeholders, looking out for trending terms for management top-ups and secondary tranches
- Working with small group to prepare disclosure schedules
- Keeping the existing stakeholders aligned on the process to bring in the new investors
Topics Diamond discussed included deal terms and post-COVID key issues for strategic buyers and how to stay agile in a changing deal environment, including:
- Challenges in deal-making in the post COVID era
- How we are adapting to the challenges through changes in deal terms and process
- The post-closing issues that we are seeing
For more information, please visit the Fullstack GC Conference website.