Kick off 2023 with the Fifth Annual “Let’s Talk Compliance” virtual conference hosted by Foley & Lardner LLP and PYA. The 2-day session will be moderated by Foley & Lardner Partner Jana Kolarik and PYA Principal Angie Caldwell. Panelists will include health care attorneys, certified public accountants, valuators, and health care advisors. Each day will feature two sessions that cover relevant and trending topics in health care compliance.
If you would like to attend both days, please RSVP to both days using the RSVP buttons below. There is no charge to attend.
DAY ONE – Thursday, January 19, 2023 | 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ET
Session 1: State of the Health Care Industry – Compliance and Enforcement
- Overview of current key trends in expectations for compliance programs (OIG/DOJ)
- Provide insights related to compliance risks and to-dos
- Discuss CMS/OIG self-disclosures and recent changes
Session 2: Challenges of Interoperability and the Information Blocking Rule
- Overview of the Information Blocking Rules (who is affected, the type of information affected, requirements, exceptions, and penalties for noncompliance)
- Overview of what you should be doing now
- Overview of what you should be planning to do
- Overview of what you should expect from your vendors
Click here to RSVP for Day 1
DAY TWO – Friday, January 20, 2023 | 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ET
Session 3: No Surprises Act
- A No Surprises Act overview
- The establishment of the qualifying payment amount
- An overview of the Independent Dispute Resolution (IDR) process
- Initial learnings/trends
- Potential IDR strategies
Session 4: Compliance Matters in Behavioral Health
- The importance of compliance in any behavioral health program
- Why behavioral health is/is not different when it comes to compliance
- Key and emerging compliance issues in behavioral health
Click here to RSVP for Day 2
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP is an approved MCLE provider in California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, and Texas. For purposes of New York CLE credit, this program is open for newly admitted and experienced attorneys. Certificates of attendance will be distributed to eligible participants approximately nine weeks after the conference via email.
The Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® has approved this event for up to 4.8 live CCB CEUs based on a 50-minute hour. Continuing Education Units are awarded based on individual attendance records. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by CCB of this event content or of the event sponsor.
Participants can earn 4 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge. Program Level: Intermediate. Delivery Method: Group Internet. Advanced Preparation: None. Prerequisites: None. No fee. PYA, P.C. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website.