With only a few weeks until ATA2023 – the American Telemedicine Association’s 27th Annual Conference & Expo – our team looks forward to seeing people from across the telemedicine industry for conversations and insights about the future of digital health.
This year’s conference will explore the theme “From Now What? To How To! The Vision and Realities of Telehealth Adoption,” examining the new reality for patients and providers alike that want access to telehealth services for a range of healthcare interactions. As we reenter the ‘new normal’ and reimagine what health care will look like in the next year and beyond, the vision for sustainable telehealth is coming into focus.
In more than 100 sessions, the conference provides opportunities to learn about emerging business models, policy priorities and regulatory hurdles, clinical applications to reimagine the health and care journey, and find solutions to address critical issues including provider burnout and health care disparities.
ATA2023 will feature deep-dive sessions addressing some of the industry’s biggest challenges and opportunities, a dynamic main stage spotlighting noted innovators and their vision for the future, as well as fireside chats, panel discussions, and practical case studies.
To learn more and register for the event, visit the ATA2023 conference website. Use code ATA23FOLEY50 for a 50% discount.
Be sure to stop by Booth 1302 in the Expo Hall to meet and reconnect with your Foley contacts.
The Business of Telehealth: The Biggest Telehealth Legal Issues You Need to Understand
On Saturday, March 4th at 2:00 p.m. CT, leading digital health attorneys from across the nation will discuss the top regulatory issues facing our industry, and explore how to avoid pitfalls and ramifications.
This session will explore:
- How to Manage Labor & Employment Laws in Telemedicine Multistate Staffing Models
- Larry Perlman, Partner, Foley & Lardner
- How to Create a Telemedicine Healthcare Compliance Program
- Rachel Goodman, Partner, Foley & Lardner
- Rebecca Simone, Partner, Nixon Peabody
- How to Launch an At-Home Testing Service for Telemedicine Products
- Lillian Maguire, Product Counsel, Ro
- Evan Hellman, Senior Counsel, Foley & Lardner
- How to Manage Liability and Select Insurance Coverage for Telemedicine Services
- Jennifer Schoenthal, Global Product Leader, Beazley
- Lee Nutini, Senior Counsel, Ro
- How to Prescribe Controlled Substances via Telemedicine Under DEA Rules
- Nathan Beaver, Partner, Foley & Lardner
- Jessica Rigsby, VP, Legal & Compliance, Ophelia Health
- How to Manage the Changing Legal Landscape in Telemedicine & Digital Health: Perspectives from the Inside
- Moderator: Nathaniel Lacktman, Partner at Foley & Lardner and member of ATA’s Board of Directors
- Eric Yecies, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, and Corporate Secretary LifeMD
- Ebunola Aniyikaiye, Assistant General Counsel, Sr. Director of Policy & Regulatory Affairs, Homeward
- Cecily Harris, Deputy General Counsel, Wheel
Telemedicine Fraud & Abuse Enforcement
On Sunday, March 5th at 1:00 p.m. CT, Foley Partner Lisa Noller, Chair of the firm’s Government Enforcement & Investigations Practice will join a fireside chat on telemedicine fraud & abuse enforcement trends.
It’s a Question of Trust: Engaging Patients and Building Trust Across the Lifespan
On Monday, March 6th, at 2:00 PM CT, leading digital health leaders will discuss the question of trust around several angles such as cross-generational and cultural factors. Trust is a key component for any relationship and, in healthcare, essential in building security between patient, provider and the healthcare system as a whole. Building – and rebuilding – trust that lasts across a patient’s lifespan is comprised of many layers. How do we provide care to each patient where they are, considering how each access their care? How does trust influence how patients share their data and help them to truly “buy into” virtual care and the system as whole…as partners to help optimize their health continuum? This provocative discussion will explore these burning issues and more – and consider how we can truly conquer the issue of trust.
- Kevin O’Leary, Co-Founder, Health Tech Nerds
- Geri Baumblatt, Co-Founder, Difference Collaborative Alliance and Chief Engagement Officer, Docola
- Nate Lacktman, Partner and Chair, Telemedicine & Digital Health IndustryTeam, Foley and Lardner LLP
- Abner Mason, Founder and CEO, SameSky Health
- Owen Muir, MD, VP, Medical Affairs, First Tracks
ATA 2023: Join Us for Live Music and Libations!
Be sure to stop by our reception at Biga on Sunday, March 5th at 6:30 p.m. CT for an evening of live entertainment, networking, Latin-themed food, and a view of the San Antonio River Walk. Click here to register for the reception.
Want To Learn More?
For more information on telemedicine, telehealth, virtual care, remote patient monitoring, digital health, and other health innovations, including the team, publications, and representative experience, visit Foley’s Telemedicine & Digital Health Industry Team.