Dan Bachrach focuses his practice on the condominium, hotel, resort, and hospitality industry, including residential, commercial, and mixed-use condominiums, timeshare, condominium hotels (condotels), private residence clubs, fractional projects, restaurants, and travel clubs. He is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Practice and the Hospitality & Leisure Industry Team and is board-certified in Condominium and Planned Land Development Law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education.
Condominium, Condominium Hotel, and Master Planned Communities Experience
Dan has extensive experience representing clients in the structuring and development of condominiums, master-planned communities, townhome developments, branded residences, condominium hotels, and cooperatives, as well as the preparation of legal and registration documents for such projects. Dan has also assisted clients in complying with multijurisdictional regulations such as the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act (ILSA) and state-subdivided land sales laws.
Dan also has a wide range of experience in the acquisition, disposition, and receiverships of hotels, resorts, branded mixed-use hotels, residences, and condominium hotel projects. In this area, Dan has negotiated hotel management agreements, technical services agreements, license agreements, franchise agreements, condotel rental program agreements, and several related agreements, including celebrity chef agreements, restaurant agreements, marketing agreements, and shared easements.
Dan regularly represents clients in structuring and developing timeshare projects, vacation ownership projects, and travel clubs, as well as preparing legal and registration documents for such projects. He has worked with and advised many of the significant and globally recognized developers and management companies in the vacation ownership industry. Dan has also assisted clients in complying with the many varying state regulations. In addition, he has been actively involved in the drafting and negotiation of statutes, amendments, and administrative rules and regulations affecting the timeshare industry.
Awards and Recognition
- Peer review rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ system
- Recognized as an Orlando Business Journal 2022 ‘Power Player’ for helping grow and innovate the way business is done throughout metro Orlando
- Selected for inclusion in the 2019 Florida Trend’s Legal Elite list
- Recognized by the Legal 500 in real estate (2010-2011)
- Florida Super Lawyers® (2010-2013)
- The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Real Estate Law (2013-2024) and Leisure and Hospitality Law (2016-2024)
- Named Best Lawyers® 2020 Leisure and Hospitality Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Orlando – this is awarded to one sole lawyer per practice area and region
- Member of the International Society of Hospitality Consultants (ISHC)
- Former Chair of the Timesharing and Interval Uses Committee of the American Bar Association’s Real Property Trust and Estate Law Section
- Former vice president of the Orlando Museum of Art Acquisition Trust
- Former trustee of the Orlando Museum of Art
- Former chair of the board of trustees of Trinity Preparatory School in Winter Park
- Member of the Florida and American Bar Associations
Presentations and Publications
Dan is co-author of two chapters of an ABA/ARDA digest and analysis of U.S. timeshare law, as well as the co-author of a chapter entitled, “Specific Types of Condominiums,” of the Third Edition of the Florida Condominium Law and Practice, published by the Florida Bar. He is a frequent lecturer at hospitality conferences.
- Spanish (fluent)