Aaron E. Chibli is a senior counsel with Foley & Lardner LLP. Aaron is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice. He is also the co-chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Action Council for the Dallas office and the Dallas office liaison for Foley’s Racial Justice Equity Practice Group.
Aaron represents clients in all aspects of commercial litigation matters, from inception through completion, including pre-suit investigation, preliminary negotiations, pleading/motion practice, discovery, mediation, settlement, trial or arbitration and appeal. Aaron has experience litigating complex legal matters including contract disputes, fiduciary duty claims, oil and gas disputes, trade secrets, business fraud and tort claims, fraudulent transfer actions, commercial real estate disputes, labor and employment disputes, products liability disputes and actions involving trademark and copyright.
- Represented tenant in multimillion-dollar dispute with its former landlord. Trial court granted client’s motion to dismiss on the pleadings.
- Represented transportation companies in a case arising from a contract for ADA paratransit and microtransit services. Trial court granted Rule 91a motion and dismissed contract and tort claims; effectively dropping the amount in controversy from $5.3 million to $200,000.
- First-chaired a 5-day bench trial and secured +$1.25 million verdict in favor of business intelligence firm against large healthcare organization.
- Co-chaired trial team that obtained receivership and associated injunctive relief in connection with Texas LLC partnership dispute.
- Member of trial team that obtained injunction to restrain/enjoin former executive from participating with a competing business.
- Member of trial team that obtained $10 million jury verdict in favor of food industry client against poultry manufacturers for supply of thousands of pounds of “boneless” chicken containing bone, plastic and metal.
- Defended oil and gas company in multimillion-dollar breach of contract dispute against major exploration and production company. Negotiated favorable settlement.
- Represented defrauded shareholders and investors to recover losses arising from the improper dilution of shares and breach of stock purchase agreement. Negotiated favorable settlement.
- Co-chaired trial team that obtained unanimous defense verdict for oil and gas company in federal jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas*
- Represented financial institution against guarantors of a note in commercial lending dispute. Trial court granted summary judgment on all claims and awarded client $8.9 million in damages*
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
Awards and Recognition
- Received, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Commercial Litigation (2023-2024)
- Moderator, AT&T Diversity & Inclusion program for UTEP pre-law students
- Panelist, AT&T 1L “Practical Tips for Law School Success” event
- Panelist, SMU’s Professional Development Summit for 1L class
- Moderator, Hispanic Law Students Association Career Panel
- Contributing editor, The Developing Labor Law
- Committee member, Dallas Hispanic Law Foundation
- Mentor for elementary students, Dallas Kids Project
- Trained with professional soccer club in Mexico City (2005); NSCAA All-American (2003)
Presentations and Publications
- Co-author, “Tips for Working Remotely as an Associate, Parts 1 & 2,” American Bar Association (August 26, 2020)
- Co-author, “The ‘Joint-Employer’ Saga Continues,” JD Supra (January 16, 2019)
- Conversational Spanish (written and verbal)