Marina Choundas is a tax and business law attorney. She advises a wide range of clients on corporate and partnership tax issues, general business law, fund formation, private equity offerings, investment funds management, real estate investment trusts (REITs), joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions.
Marina provides practical, business-oriented tax solutions to clients ranging from large, multinational corporations to start-up companies in the technology, health care, real estate, manufacturing, distribution, and retail industries. She has extensive experience with structuring transactions, advising on the tax aspects of public and private offerings, and crafting equity incentive compensation grants.
- Board of directors (and past board chair), Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
- Recognized twice by the Bay Area Volunteer Lawyers Program’s Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee for her substantial pro bono legal work (2013 and 2019).
- Completed Harvard Business School’s Executive Education “Governance for Nonprofit Excellence” program (2017).
Publications and Presentations
- “Key Provisions of M&A Agreements,” Association of Corporate Counsel West Central Florida Chapter’s Corporate Law Symposium, Tampa, Florida
- “Savvy Tax Strategies,” Women Presidents’ Organization conference, Chicago, Illinois
- “SEC Executive Compensation Disclosure Rules,” Edison Electric Institute conference, Naples, Florida
- “Limited Liability Company Update in Florida,” National Business Institute seminar in Tampa, Florida
- “Summer Vocation: Insights from Foley’s Diverse Attorneys,” moderator, Columbia Law School Diversity Panel in New York, New York
- “Highlights of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008,” Tax Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Numerous presentations on corporate tax developments as member of the Tax Council of Tampa Bay
- “Significant Tax Provisions in the ‘Bailout’ Bill of 2008,” Lawyer Magazine (The Hillsborough County Bar Association) and Noticias Newsletter (The Hispanic National Bar Association)
- Spanish (Fluent)
- Greek (Conversant)