Daniel Cohen represents leading businesses with sophisticated corporate and transactional needs, including mergers and acquisitions throughout the United States in the increasingly competitive passenger transportation industry. He is a partner in the firm’s Houston office and a member of the Transactions and Mergers & Acquisitions Practices.
Daniel has extensive experience in M&A transactions with water and wastewater utilities and the energy service industry, as well as with construction and property management companies, medical device and companies, distributors and sales representatives, manufacturers, and companies in the and supermarket, restaurant, and related industries.
Daniel is highly regarded for his practical, responsive approach and ability to track emerging issues in his client’s industries. As noted by one client, “Daniel has a depth of industry knowledge, and offers solid, business-focused advice. He is incredibly responsive regardless of the time of day or night.”
For over 20 years, Daniel has represented parties in the mergers, acquisitions, and disposition of school bus operators and other transit companies, including app based operators, complex cross-border and other international acquisitions and in related areas such as software companies and a privately owned airport. Daniel has handled close to 100 such transactions. He has also represented a private equity portfolio company in the acquisition of numerous water and wastewater utilities from private and governmental owners and in a variety of states.
Daniel’s experience in the energy sector includes representing a variety of energy service companies in various aspects of the industry, including distributors of various products, consulting firms, and tooling companies.
- Handled numerous joint ventures, equity, and debt financings.
- Represented clients in international and domestic transactions, including borrower-side finance.
- Represented management groups seeking private equity funding.
- Advised clients in the purchase and sale of distressed assets and businesses.
Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of:
- Corporate Law (2019-2024)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2016-2024)
- Texas Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine (2003-2004, 2016-2018)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Closely Held Business
- The Legal 500 United States (2011, 2012)
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts – M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million)
- Recognized, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Executive Officer and Director, The Harris School
- Director, Manned Space Foundation Inc.