Barry D. Drees
Barry Drees is a retired partner with Foley & Lardner LLP. He is a seasoned lawyer who has handled financing and real estate matters on behalf of clients with a Texas connection in a wide range of industries.
In the corporate finance area, Barry has had significant experience, both on the borrower side and on the lender side, in a wide range of financing transactions, including single lender, multi-lender, syndicated and participated revolving credit and term loan facilities, public and private secured and unsecured debt placements, and asset based and other secured credit facilities.
In the real estate and real estate finance area, Barry has had significant experience in the acquisition, disposition, leasing and financing of existing and to-be-developed income-producing properties.
Barry frequently served as special Texas counsel in connection with corporate and real estate-related financing transactions, generally involving Texas business organizations law, Texas real estate and mortgage law, and the Texas Uniform Commercial Code, including the rendering of document-mandated closing opinions.
Awards and Recognition
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Banking and Finance Law (2019-2021)
- Recognized, Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine (2005-2007)
- Real Estate
- Recognized, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Member, Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Member, Texas Business Law Foundation
- Member, Dallas Area Real Estate Lawyers Discussion Group
- Former Member and Co-Chair, Advisory Board, Dallas Women’s Foundation
- Former Board Member, Executive Committee Member and Board Chair, Greater Dallas Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Former Member and Chair, Board of Trustees, The Ursuline Academy of Dallas
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
- Former Chairman, Allocations Panel 1
- Former Member, Community Investment Committee
- Former Member, Community Allocations Committee
- Former Member, Admissions Committee
- Former Member, Membership Committee
- Former Firm Representative, Dallas Citizens Council
- Former Firm Representative, Dallas Partnership
- Former Board Member and Development Committee Chair, American Heart Association, Texas Affiliate
- Former Board Member and Board Chair, American Heart Association, Dallas Division
- Former Board Member, Executive Committee Member and Public Safety Committee Chair, Central Dallas Association