David S. Elder
David Elder represents primarily creditors in bankruptcy, workouts and foreclosure matters, especially in the real estate, oil and gas, and chemical refinery sectors. Often called in by Texas lenders to restructure single asset or multiple asset portfolios, David is equally in demand by out of state institutions referred to him by current and former clients.
He has recently handled lien priority disputes, represented landlords who own tracts of land they have leased and now have trouble with the tenants and handled foreclosures on real and personal property. David is known for his 24/7 availability, and readiness and capacity to answer even the most difficult questions.
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized, IFLR1000
- Financial Restructuring, Oil and Gas & Real Estate (2018)
- Recognized, AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® PEER REVIEW RATINGS™
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of the 5th Federal Circuit
- Coach, West University Little League, Softball League and Soccer Association
- Member, Rice University Alumni Association
- Member, St. John’s School Annual Fundraising
- Former President, Friends of Fondren Library