Samuel Fishman is a skilled litigator and counselor to clients that range from early-stage startups to Fortune 500 companies. His practice is primarily focused on representing clients in complex commercial matters in both state and federal courts as well as in various modes of alternative dispute resolution. He also has experience litigating high-stakes employment disputes.
Sam is a member of the Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group and Sports & Entertainment Industry Team.
- Obtained dismissal of M&A fraud lawsuit regarding private equity investment on summary judgment in the Southern District of New York on behalf of national health care consulting firm.
- Member of New York State Bar Association Commercial & Federal Litigation Section
- Member of Sports Lawyers Association
Presentations and Publications
- “The Impact of the Pandemic on Commercial Litigation in New York,” New York State Bar Association Commercial and Federal Litigation Section Newsletter, Vol. 28 No. 1 (2022)
- “Gambling on compacts,” SportBusiness (April 5, 2022)
- “Pulp Fiction: The ‘Food Court’ Squeezes Statutory Damages Request by Class of Defrauded ‘Joint Juice’ Health Supplement Buyers,” JD Supra (September 2, 2022)
- “Witness Testimony: Preparing Witnesses to Testify at Trial Checklist (NJ),” Practical Guidance (2022)