Craig Florence is a senior trial and corporate litigation lawyer representing private and public companies in contentious business divorces and other high-risk litigation. He is a partner in the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice with more than 30 years of commercial litigation experience. He has an intimate understanding of business litigation in all its forms and has obtained substantial judgments and awards.
Craig has extensive experience handling business litigation, fiduciary duty lawsuits, trade secret claims, intellectual property disputes, health care litigation, midstream claims, FTC claims, and fraud claims. Frequently hired for business disputes, he brings a sophisticated understanding of how transactions are consummated and works closely with corporate lawyers to identify leverage and to assess the allocation of risk.
Craig also has significant appellate litigation experience, arguing before the Federal Circuit, the Fifth Circuit, the Texas Supreme Court, and the Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio Court of Appeals, among others.
Craig has represented a range of clients, including:
- Advantage Midstream
- Barry Callebaut AG
- Brach’s Confections Inc.
- Denton County Electric Cooperative Inc.
- Elite Surgical Affiliates
- Enterprise Financial Group, Inc.
- GameStop Inc.
- HeartPlace PA
- Heeling Sports Ltd.
- Longview Energy Co.
- Private Equity Partners Inc.
- Quanex Building Products Corp.
- Raytheon Technologies
- Socrates Health Solutions
- Southcross Energy Partners LP
- Southwest Agri-Plastics Inc.
- Vaisala Oyj
Awards and Recognition
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Commercial Litigation (2014 – 2023)
- Selected for inclusion to the Texas Super Lawyers® list in the field of Business Litigation (2006 – 2020)
- Recognized, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Tom Wicker ed., Chambers & Partners)
- Litigation: General Commercial (2016)
- Texas Million Dollar Verdict Hall of Fame (2013)
- Recognized as a Leader in Diversity by the Dallas Business Journal, 2023
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Former Chair, Aid to the Homeless Committee, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Texas Center for Legal Ethics
- Austin College Board of Trustees
- Carter BloodCare (current member, former Chairman)
- Texas Appleseed Board of Directors
- Dallas Citizens Council (former member)
- Austin College Alumni Board (former member)
- Preservation Dallas Board of Trustees (former member)
- Graduate, Dallas Regional Chamber®, Leadership Dallas
- Jingle Bell Run (former co-chair)
- Honorary Board Member, Briana Haley Foundation