Corporate lawyer Larry Goldstein represents private equity funds, portfolio companies of private equity funds, management-owned businesses, strategic buyers and other buyers, sellers and investors in middle market mergers and acquisitions, and other financing transactions. He also serves as outside general counsel for clients in a wide variety of industries, including private equity, distribution, energy services, financial services, and technology. He is a partner in the firm’s Transactions and Mergers & Acquisitions Practices.
Larry’s clients view him as not just their lawyer, but a key member of their teams, helping them analyze business opportunities and business and legal risks, and formulating solutions to enable them to successfully achieve their goals and get deals done.
Larry has served the firm in many leadership positions and was formerly a member of the firm’s Management Committee.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented leading transport refrigeration and semi-trailer dealer that provides new and used equipment, parts, and service in transaction with private equity investor.
- Represented the owner of ASC Industries, a full-line stocking distributor of aerospace fasteners, fittings, and hardware in sale to Wencor Group.
- Represented Relevant Industrial, a leading provider of instrumentation and automation, rotating equipment, thermal equipment, and purification and filtration products and services in three acquisitions.
- Represented Building Controls & Solutions, the preeminent provider of energy management, building controls, automation, and gas detection solutions for the commercial HVAC community in four acquisitions.
- Represented the owner of PaperSave, a hybrid AP automation and document management solution for on-premise or cloud use in transaction with the owner of PairSoft and the related strategic investment by Turn/River Capital.
- Represented BearCom Group Inc., the leading distributor of two-way radios in the United States, in over 40 acquisitions, its equity recapitalization with LKCM Headwater Investments and in subsequent sale to another private equity fund.
- Represented manufacturer providing innovative cockpit, cabin, and aviation electrical solutions in its sale to private equity buyer.
- Represented Industrial Distribution Group, Inc., a leader in the design, build and management of supply chain solutions and national distributor of indirect materials, in four acquisitions including three companies focused on providing goods and services to the energy industry and then in the subsequent sale of IDG to an affiliate of Sonepar, a global market leader in B-to-B distribution.
- Represented mobile apps development company in its sale to the world’s largest network of advertising and marketing service companies.
- Represented a leading provider of oil and fluid management and waste disposal services in its acquisition of a company with a landfill and waste treatment facility serving clients operating in Bakken Shale.
- Represented the leading tax and penalty review firm in the United States in acquisition of that business from a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm and then in sale several years later to a leading global tax services firm.
- Represented Rawson LP, a leading independent flow control solutions provider and distributor of process control instruments, valves and accessories, field instruments, and engineering equipment, in its sale to ERIKS.
- Represented pipeline construction company in sale to a public company.
- Represented midstream company in acquisitions and in subsequent sale to private equity firm.
- Represented consulting firm in its sale to Accenture.
- Represented private equity fund in its sale to another private equity fund of leading manufacturer and distributor of piping systems for distribution of compressed air, vacuum, and inert gases.
- Represented private equity fund in its acquisition of leading specialty provider of electronic test and measurement solutions and related electronic lab supplies.
- Represented LKCM Headwater Investments, a private equity fund, in its acquisition of a value-added distributor and packager of generic pharmaceutical products and then its subsequent sale of that business to a leading health care private equity fund.
- Represented Blackland Group, a private equity firm focused on aerospace and defense manufacturing businesses, in its acquisition of Prikos & Becker, a company that specializes in intricate fabricated metal assemblies in the aerospace industry and in Blackland’s subsequent sale of Prikos & Becker.
- Represented LKCM Headwater Investments in connection with its investment in Ascentium Capital LLC, an independent specialty finance company that delivers flexible, small-ticket financing solutions to small businesses.
- Represented Blackland Group, a private equity firm focused on aerospace and defense manufacturing businesses, in its acquisition of Kessington Machine Products, a company that specializes in precision machining of aerospace and linear motion components.
- Represented private equity firm in acquisition of security alarm company, follow-on acquisitions, and subsequent sale to larger company.
- Represented private equity firm in two acquisitions of distributors of valves and controls and in subsequent combination of those two companies.
- Represented a leading institutional private equity firm focused on investing in lower middle market growth companies, in a recapitalization of an integrated provider of products and services for the oil and gas industry and in a subsequent acquisition by that platform company.
- Represented pipeline construction company in equity recapitalization transaction with private equity firm that also involved combination with another pipeline construction company.
- Represented private equity backed specialty retail company in three acquisitions (growing chain from eight to 140 stores) including combination with another private equity backed chain.
Awards and Recognitions
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Corporate Law (2006 – 2024)
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers® list for Mergers and Acquisitions in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine (2003 – 2020)
- Member, Regional Board, Anti-Defamation League
- Co-chair, Attorneys Division, Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas (2006, 2007, and 2010 campaigns)