Ethan D. Lenz is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP and serves as chair of the firm’s Insurance Practice. Ethan’s practice focuses on providing risk management and insurance coverage-related advice to many of the firm’s commercial clients, including advice relative to the negotiation and structure of directors and officers liability insurance programs, and a wide variety of other commercial/professional insurance programs. He also provides counseling on insurance regulatory and insurance producer licensing matters for the firm’s insurance industry clients. He is a member of the Insurance and Health Care Industry Teams, as well as the Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation Practice.
Ethan’s recent representations include advising the Ricketts family on insurance coverage and risk management-related issues involved in the acquisition of the Chicago Cubs Major League Baseball Club, and advising the Chuck Greenberg/Nolan Ryan team on various insurance issues in connection with the successful purchase of the Texas Rangers Major League Baseball Club.
Awards and Recognition
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Insurance Law (2022-2024)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006 and 2007 Wisconsin Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® lists for his insurance coverage work
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- The American Bar Association (Business Law and Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice sections)
- The Milwaukee Bar Association
- earned the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation from the American Institute for CPCU
- Member of the legal staff of Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company for a brief period, prior to returning to practice at Foley & Lardner
Ethan is a regular speaker on insurance-related topics, including current issues affecting directors’ and officers’ liability insurance, captive insurance companies and other commercial insurance products.