Carrie Long represents issuers and underwriters in securities offerings over a broad range of industries, and her practice is concentrated in the areas of corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. Carrie is a partner in the firm’s Transactional & Securities and Private Equity and Venture Capital Practices, and she is a member of the firm’s Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) Team.
Carrie has represented clients in domestic and international corporate financing transactions, including public equity and debt offerings, initial public offerings (IPOs), special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), private investment in public equity (PIPE) transactions, Rule 144A high yield offerings, and M&A transactions. She has specific experience in the REIT, manufacturing, cannabis, insurance, home services, broadcasting, staffing, financial services, e-commerce, telecommunications, and biotechnology industries.
Carrie regularly provides counsel to boards of directors, board committees, and senior officers of publicly held companies regarding compliance with securities laws and stock exchange rules and listings, matters of state corporate law and fiduciary duties, and best practices.
- Counsel to issuers and underwriters in initial and follow-on public offerings in various industries.
- Counsel to a leading global supplier of automotive systems in a US$450m note offering and US$250m cash tender offer.
- Counsel to a U.S. wine producer in business combination with a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company valued at approximately US$600m.
- Counsel to a leading manufacturer of power inverters in sale of majority stake to a private equity firm.
Awards and Recognition
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2006 – present)