Jessica Lothman focuses her practice on tax-exempt and taxable bond transactions for municipal and governmental clients, for 501(c)(3) organizations, including educational, cultural, and health care organizations, and for corporations related to solid waste, manufacturing, and development projects. Jessica is a member of Foley’s Finance & Financial Institutions and Health Care Finance and Public Finance practice groups as well as a member of the firm’s Health Care industry team and Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) team.
Jessica works closely with clients as general corporate counsel, borrower’s counsel, bond counsel, disclosure counsel, and underwriter’s counsel, and also has experience representing public and private corporate borrowers and financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions including asset-based and cash flow transactions, syndicated financing, secured and unsecured credit facilities, and acquisition financings. She has experience representing banks with securitizations of municipal debt and the private placement of senior and subordinate debt instruments.
Jessica takes pride in advising and helping clients to advance their goals, which she does by actively listening to clients, remaining up-to-date on emerging laws and trends, including ESG financing developments, and applying her knowledge and experience with various financing structures to advocate for clients and protect their interests throughout the life of their financial transactions.
Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch – Public Finance Law (2023-2024)
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member of Women in Public Finance, National and Wisconsin Chapters
- Volunteer Attorney, Wisconsin Afghan Refugee Asylum Project
- Volunteer Attorney, Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic
- Adjunct Professor, Marquette University College of Education
- Board Member as Director of Special Events, Association for Women Lawyers
- Board Member, Project Kindred (https://projectkindredmke.org/)
- Executive Board, Illinois Wesleyan University Council for Women