Jennifer M. Luther is a senior counsel and litigation attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP, where she is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice group. Jennifer has experience litigating a wide spectrum of matters in both state and federal court, including commercial contract disputes, trade secrets, insurance coverage, construction defects, liens, and real property disputes.
Prior to joining Foley, Jennifer was an attorney at a Madison-based full service law firm, where she was a member of the firm’s litigation, employment, and construction practice groups.
- Represented pharmacy benefit manager in arbitration with health plan regarding pharmacy pricing. Obtained favorable settlement where claimed damages were in excess of US$15 million.
- Second chaired jury trial in commercial construction defect case. Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of plaintiffs before conclusion of trial.
- Second chaired jury trial in premises liability case representing a national gas station chain. Obtained favorable jury verdict awarding half of plaintiff’s claimed damages.
- Represented contractor in lawsuit alleging ATCP violations. Obtained favorable settlement at mediation where claimed damages were in excess of US$80,000.00.
- Represented loan officer in dispute with former business associates. Obtained favorable settlement at mediation where claimed damages were in excess of US$1,000,000.00.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of remaindermen of life estate in lawsuit brought by life tenant seeking unilateral right to sell a lake home and keep all proceeds.
- Successfully negotiated forbearance agreement in loan foreclosure lawsuit where the obligations under the note were in excess of US$1,000,000.00.
- Obtained summary judgment in federal court on behalf of hospital in Title VII lawsuit brought by hospital employee claiming discrimination and retaliation.
- First chaired jury trial in federal court and obtained a jury verdict in favor of three police officers accused of Fourth Amendment violations in arresting suspect.
- Successfully negotiated resolution of multiple construction lien disputes on behalf of both contractors and property owners.
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognition in Commercial Litigation (2021-2024)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Star – Civil Litigation: Defense (2018, 2019, 2021 – 2023)
- Dane County Bar Association
- Legal Association for Women (LAW)
- Board member and co-chair’s LAW’s annual “I Resolve…” benefit for Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) (2016-2020)
- Wisconsin State Bar’s Legal Assistance Committee from 2016-2019
- Chair of Jean North Falligant Memorial Scholarship (2015-Present)
- Awards US$1,000-$2,000 scholarship to graduating senior from Edgerton High School each year