Sara Madavo focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and has represented large companies, small businesses, and individual clients across a wide range of industries through all phases of litigation. Sara is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice, Labor & Employment Practice, and Health Care Sector, and she is co-chair of the firm’s Black Attorneys Affinity Group and a member of the Recruiting Committee. Sara is also a member of the Diversity Fellowship Committee.
- Obtained trial victory for a Fortune 200 company in contract arbitration against former distributor.
- Obtained a jury trial victory in a professional negligence and breach of contract action in New York State Supreme Court, Westchester County.
- Represented companies in disputes with former employees, including CEOs and other executives.
- Represented employers before the State of New York Unemployment Insurance Appeal Board.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlements of a broad range of claims against a global provider of risk management and insurance brokerage.
- Represented large national health insurance companies in lawsuits brought by out-of-network medical providers alleging ERISA violations.
Awards and Recognition
- Selected for inclusion in the New York Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® list (2014–2021)
- Sara devotes a considerable amount of time to various pro bono efforts. She has represented several individuals in affirmative asylum applications and also serves on the board of Pharos Academy Charter School.
- From 2004–2007, Sara was a teacher in Atlanta Public Schools through Teach for America.