Mark Mitchell litigation and appellate experience can be best described as impressively diverse. He has litigated and arbitrated a variety of complex commercial cases in both federal and state courts on behalf of both corporate and individual clients, whether plaintiff or defendant. Mark primarily represents clients in disputes involving IP (intellectual property) litigation, corporate and partnership governance, construction litigation, contracts and business torts.
Well-recognized as an appeals attorney, Mark has successfully argued cases in many of the intermediate Texas Courts of Appeal, the Supreme Courts of Texas and New Mexico, and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition, Mark coordinates the Firm’s local counsel relationships with national trial counsel for litigation in the Western District of Texas and Travis County, Texas. He has extensive experience as an advocate in binding arbitration, and is a qualified impartial third party mediator in the state of Texas.
Mark serves as the Austin Office Chair for the firm’s Litigation Department.
Awards and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Litigation – Construction (2021)
- Texas Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine – Litigation (2015)
- Super Lawyers®, Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition – Business Litigation (2014)
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Federal Bar Association
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Member of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member of the Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit