David H. Segrest
David Segrest is widely regarded as a trusted, hands-on advisor to entrepreneurial businesses, both public and private, in an eclectic variety of industries based in Texas, and throughout the United States and Canada. Many of David’s clients have turned to him for years to handle various business needs, including:
- Contract negotiations
- Creation of business entities
- Acquisitions and mergers
- Debt and equity financing arrangements
David’s clients tend to share his independent, can-do attitude and confident approach to problem solving. They all have one thing in common – besides being leaders in their industry segment, they are highly entrepreneurial ventures. They rely on David because he identifies well with this style, and because he is a skilled negotiator, extremely responsive and focused on his clients’ business growth.
Due to the business focus of his corporate practice, and his time as Managing Partner of the firm, David understands what it takes to run a successful business. This experience allows David to provide clients with practical legal advice that addresses their business needs.
Awards and Recognition
- Recipient, Distinguished Alumnus Award, Texas Tech University School of Law (2008)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Former Law Clerk, Honorable Byron Skelton, U.S. Court of Claims, Washington, D.C.
- Former President, Texas Tech University School of Law Foundation Board
- Member, Executive Committee, Texas Tech University School of Law Foundation Board
- Member, Texas Tech University Foundation Board of Directors
- Charter Member, Dean’s Inner Circle
- Member, Two Dean Search Committees, Texas Tech University School of Law