John A. Tucker, a partner and trial lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, represents clients in the federal and state courts in general business, class action, construction, bid protest, financial, and employment lawsuits. He is former chair of the Jacksonville office’s Litigation Department and is a member of Foley’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice and Health Care Industry Team.
John’s law practice has involved serving a broad range of clients, including financial institutions, public companies, family-owned businesses, professionals, developers, contractors, suppliers, property owners, and others in a variety of legal matters. He has also represented clients in the prosecution and defense of bid protests of governmental contract awards at the state and local level. His experience in these areas provides him with a creative perspective to assist clients with their special business and professional needs.
Upon graduation from law school, he served a judicial clerkship with the Hon. Gerald B. Tjoflat, U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized, Peer Review Rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ system
- “Top Lawyers” by 904 Magazine, 2014
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Banking & Finance, Litigation – Construction and Litigation – Real Estate (since 2011)
- Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation – Real Estate Law (2021)
- Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation – Bankruptcy and Finance (2024)
- Named Florida’s Legal Elite™ by Florida Trend magazine
- Florida Super Lawyers® (2006, 2010-2017)
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Tournament Players Championship, Legal Counsel
- Jacksonville Legal Aid, President and Director
- Jacksonville Speech and Hearing Center, President and Director
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Member