Arthur Vorbrodt represents public and private companies in a variety of industries with respect to mergers and acquisitions, financings, and general corporate matters. He is a member of the Firm’s Transactions Practice Group.
Arthur routinely represents private equity and strategic buyers, sellers, and investors in middle-market transactions, and has advised clients in over 60 transactions during his time at the firm. As a result, Arthur is a go-to M&A attorney with a strong understanding of numerous industry-specific issues in a wide range of industries, including software/technology, manufacturing, aerospace, health care, life sciences, and innovative consumer technologies. Arthur is also one of a limited number of attorneys with experience representing buyers and sellers in transactions in which the target company is partially- or wholly owned by an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and is well-versed in the unique issues and considerations posed by these transactions from both a buyer and seller perspective.
In addition to his M&A expertise, Arthur’s general corporate law experience is broad-based, and he routinely represents clients with company formation, capital raising, equity holder agreements, employee and consulting agreements, commercial arrangements, licensing agreements, joint ventures, strategic planning, and other business contracts and agreements.
- Represented Sandvik AB, a Swedish publicly traded company, in connection with its acquisition of Cambrio, an international CAD/CAM software developer.
- Represented AT&T, Inc. in connection with two rounds of tender offers and exchange offers (2018 and 2019) valued in excess of US$25bn.
- Represented a non-US-based private equity client in an acquisition of all the issued and outstanding capital stock of a US software company and its affiliates in a transaction valued in excess of US$300m.
- Represented a strategic buyer in an acquisition by merger of competing eye-care products research and development, and manufacturing business in a transaction valued in excess of US$180m.
- Represented a Dallas-based start-up company in its US$25m Series B financing round.
- Represented a foreign-sponsored start-up company (mobile app) in connection with entering the US market and advised on associated formation, regulatory, tax, and securities issues.
- Represented Clavis Capital Partners in its acquisition of DCG One, a Seattle-based company specializing in specialty print services, packaging, and integrated business solutions for major brands across a range of industries and end markets.
- Member of the Texas State Bar
- Member of the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member of the Dallas Bar Association (DBA)
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “Clapper Dethroned: Imminent Injury and Standing for Data Breach Lawsuits in Light of Ashley Madison“ in Washington and Lee Law Review Online (June 1, 2016).