Illinois Government Solutions
Based in the firm’s Chicago office, all of the members of our Illinois government relations and public affairs team are lawyers as well as lobbyists. We represent clients before the State of Illinois and state agencies, Cook County, and the City of Chicago. We help clients further their business and civic agendas by introducing them to elected and appointed officials and articulating the issues that are important to them. We help our clients navigate government, we draft legislation for our clients, and we lobby against legislation that our clients feel will adversely impact their legitimate business goals. We can also provide communications assistance with crisis communications as well as advocacy communications to advance our clients’ interests.
Select Service Highlights
- We advocate to pass legislation or to kill legislation in furtherance of our clients’ civic agendas.
- We don’t just ‘set meetings’ for our clients… we do far more than that, including issues articulation, helping our clients tailor their messages for elected and appointed officials.
- We provide crisis communication assistance to our clients.
- We provide navigational and interpretive skills to help our clients get where they are trying to go to achieve their legitimate business goals.
- We assist clients who have frequent and significant intersections with state, county, and local elected and appointed government officials.
- We monitor and track legislation for our clients.
- We can prepare clients to appear and give testimony before city, county, and state government.
- We represent clients before the area’s community colleges.
- We advise and assist with economic development and incentives.
- We work on land use and zoning matters.
- We do all manner of public finance at the state, county, and local levels.
- We represent clients interested in M/WBE and ACDBE programs
Team Chicago Coverage
- We cover the City of Chicago – 50 Wards, the City Council, the Mayor’s Office, 42 Cabinet-level Departments and Commissioners, and the City’s so-called “sister agencies” like the city’s two municipally-owned airports, O’Hare and Midway International Airports, McCormick Place, Navy Pier, the CTA, the Chicago Board of Education, the City Colleges of Chicago, and The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater of Greater Chicago.
- We also cover Cook County (the second largest county in the United States with a budget right around $7B).
- We also cover the State of Illinois including the Governor’s Office, the constitutionally elected officers, the Illinois General Assembly, and the cabinet-level agencies.