Sports Betting & Gaming Task Force
In response to the growing sports betting landscape, Foley’s Sports & Entertainment Group has formed a Sports Betting and Gaming Task Force, which is comprised of attorneys who are actively engaged in advising various stakeholders through their emergent needs, including:
- Sports Betting Operators
- Fantasy Sports Operators
- Gaming Service Providers
- Sponsors, Commercial Entities, and Brands
- Professional Sports Leagues and Teams
- Colleges and Universities
The sports betting regulatory landscape currently presents a complex patchwork of state laws and regulations, which create not only new business opportunities, but also significant legal implications for those engaging in sports betting or fantasy sports activities. Understanding that landscape is critical to both leveraging opportunity and reducing risk. From parsing through complex regulatory and licensing requirements, to determining whether a game or activity constitutes gambling (and if so, where), Foley’s experienced and knowledgeable Task Force is helping clients navigate the rapidly changing regulatory and legal landscape of sports betting and fantasy sports.
Our representative experience includes advising:
- Private equity fund on legal and regulatory issues for investment targets operating in on-line sports betting and fantasy sports.
- Various clients with online and other gaming regulatory work, including licensing for Internet gaming operators and for vendors and service providers working with casinos and Internet gaming operators.
- Preeminent on-line sports betting operators with patents for mobile games and on applicability of patents to online fantasy sports, fantasy sport leagues, and online gambling, including assessment of features in relation to gaming laws.
- Various clients with the implementation of sweepstakes and lotteries in accordance with relevant state law.
- Professional sports team on recent developments related to Indian gaming compacts.
Online Sports Betting Tracker Map
This interactive map below not only identifies the states where online sports betting laws have been enacted or are pending, but also provides quick and easy access to specific sports betting information for each state. Just hover your cursor over any state and the relevant information will appear. To view the map in full screen, click the tab in upper right corner above the map. The map is also adjustable – just click, hold, and move the cursor.
Online Sports Betting Tracker Report
The Sports Betting and Gaming Task Force is actively producing cutting-edge thought pieces and updates on the evolving betting landscape, including our Nationwide “Online Sports Betting Tracker” which continues to be a one-stop source for timely developments and information on state online sports betting laws across the country:
We look forward to continuing our work with clients in the exciting and developing world of sports betting and fantasy sports. For questions or more information, please contact your Foley attorney or one of the following Sports Betting and Gaming Task Force leaders listed below.