Paul Broude is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, where he represents a wide range of publicly and privately held companies, entrepreneurs and private equity funds in technology and other business ventures. He is a member of the Transactions Practice, former co-chair of the firm's Technology Industry Team, as well as a member of the Life Sciences Industry Team and the Health Care Industry Team. Paul's practice includes:
- Representing issuers, investment banking firms and private equity investors in equity and debt financings, including public offerings, SPAC transactions, private placements, venture capital and other financings
- Representing issuers, investment banking firms and private equity investors in equity and debt financings, including public offerings, private placements, venture capital, and other financings
- Representing a wide variety of buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions, including acquisitions of publicly traded companies
- Representing management groups and boards of directors in "going private" transactions
- Representing private equity firms in fund formation, investing, compliance issues and day-to-day matters
- Structuring and negotiating licensing arrangements and strategic partnerships
- Counseling entrepreneurs and established businesses on a wide range of day-to-day legal and business issues, including securities laws compliance, corporate governance issues and compensation planning for key executives
- Represented Stryve Foods LLC, a healthy snack company, in its SPAC business combination with Andina Acquisition Corp. III
- Represented Electric Last Mile Solutions, Inc., an electric vehicle company focused on creating efficient and reliable last mile solutions, in its SPAC business combination with Forum Merger III Corporation
- Represented AST & Science, a company building the first space-based cellular broadband network accessible directly by standard mobile phones, in its SPAC business combination with New Providence Acquisition Corp.
- Represented The Tile Shop, LLC, a national tile retailer, in its SPAC business combination with JWC Acquisition Corp.
- Represented Lindblad Expeditions, a global leader in expedition cruising and extraordinary adventure travel experiences, in its SPAC business combination with Capitol Acquisition Corp. II
- Represented Sverica Capital in the acquisition and divestiture of various portfolio companies, including:
- Gryphon Networks (Sales Performance Software)
- Gener8 (Design/Development Services)
- Resonetics (Laser Micromachining)
- Dexmet (Specialty Materials)
- Women's Health USA, Inc. (Women's Health Practice Management)
- Med First (Primary Care and Urgent Care Clinics)
- RestorixHealth (Wound Care Centers)
- Bartech Group (Workforce Management)
- MC Sign (Signs and Lighting)
- Center Rock (Drilling Systems)
- US Liner (Thermoplastic Composites)
- Represented Legal Sea Foods, LLC, an iconic seafood restaurant company, in its sale to PPX Hospitality Brands
- Represented Commonwealth Informatics, Inc., a market-leading provider of cloud-based drug safety analytics products and services for medical research and healthcare delivery, in its sale to Genpact Limited
- Represented New York Cancer and Blood Specialists, based in NY, and West Cancer Center, based in Memphis, in their respective transactions as founding members of OneOncology, a partnership of independent community oncologists backed by private equity firm General Atlantic
- Represented Cambridge Isotope Laboratories, Inc., the leading supplier of stable isotopes and isotope-labelled compounds, in the acquisitions of Spectra Stable Isotopes, ABX Advanced Biochemical Compounds Gmbh (Germany) and Euriso-Top, SA (France), and in the licensing to Endocyte, Inc. of PSMA-617, a therapeutic compound for the treatment of prostate cancer
- Represented DermaRite Industries LLC, a manufacturer of high quality, affordable skin care, advanced wound care and nutritional supplements for healthcare and senior-care facilities, in its sale to Tailwind Capital
- Represented TKL Research, Inc. in the sale of its clinical trials business to QuintilesIMS
- Represented Singapore Post Ltd. In its acquisition of TradeGlobal, an end-to-end eCommerce provider
- Represented Syntroleum Corporation, a publicly-traded renewable diesel biorefinery, in the sale of its assets to Renewable Energy Group
- Represented Apartment Realty Advisors and its member entities in the sale of their multi-family housing brokerage businesses to BGC Partners
- Represented FuelCell Energy, Inc., a publicly-traded company, in follow-on public offerings, “at-the-market” common stock offerings, and a preferred stock financing with institutional investors
- Represented Oppenheimer & Co. in a rights offering by Great Elm Capital Group
- Represented Robert W. Baird & Co. as underwriter’s and placement agent counsel in a various PIPE transactions and public offerings
- Represented Carbonite, Inc., a global leader in data protection and cybersecurity, in its initial public offering
- Represented the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center, an economic development and investment agency, in connection with its Accelerator Loan Program, a funding program for early-stage life sciences companies in Massachusetts
Paul is a frequent speaker on issues related to emerging businesses, including financing alternatives, securities issues, mergers and acquisitions, and domestic and international licensing and joint venture arrangements.
He has participated in programs on such issues sponsored by the Massachusetts Software Council, the Smaller Business Association of New England, the Boston Business Journal, the National Association of Corporate Directors, and the Massachusetts Bar Association's Continuing Legal Education Program. Paul also has served as a representative to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Council on Capital Formation.
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1982)
- Brandeis University (B.A. magna cum laude, 1979)
- Member, American Bar Association
Paul has been Peer Review Rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™. The Legal 500 recognized Paul for his work in the area of mergers & acquisitions and he has been named numerous times to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers® lists, an honor received by only 5% of Massachusetts attorneys.
Paul was the founding chairperson of the Friends of the Charlestown Navy Yard, and is a former member of the board of trustees of Gateways: Access to Jewish Education.