Brandee Diamond is a partner with Foley & Lardner LLP, based in the firm’s San Francisco office and also working in the Silicon Valley office, where she is a member of the Transactions Practice.
With her distinguished background, Brandee is able to provide legal advice to investors, corporate boards and public and private companies in a range of industries including life sciences, technology, food and beverage, apparel, print and digital media and financial services. She has extensive experience with complex domestic and cross-border transactions, corporate mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, minority investments, joint ventures and assisting with growth equity transactions, leveraged buyouts, going-private transactions, recapitalizations and exits. Brandee works in all aspects of the deal process including working with corporate boards and senior management on pre-acquisition planning, transaction structuring, drafting and negotiating acquisition and related agreements and post-acquisition integration planning.
In addition to her transactional work, Brandee counsels emerging growth companies across the full spectrum of the company’s lifecycle including formation and development, compensation, financing and other corporate matters.
- Represented Paris-based Neopost, a global leader in digital communications, logistics and mail solutions, in its $100 million-plus acquisition of Parcel Pending, Inc., a leader in the North American parcel-locker market
- Represented Paris-based Neopost, a global leader in digital communications, logistics and mail solutions, in its sale for an amount in excess of $70 million of its subsidiary doing business as Satori Software
- Represented Riverwood Capital, a growth equity firm that invests in high-growth middle market companies, in its growth equity investment in Forecast5 Analytics, the leading provider of decision support tools for local government administrators
- Represented Centric Software, a venture capital-backed technology company, in its sale of a majority stake to Dassault Systèmes
- Represented Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, in its acquisitions of Cyphort, Inc. and AppFormix
- Represented SoftBank Group International, the investment arm of Tokyo-based telecommunications and internet company, SoftBank, in connection with its $360 million Series E investment in and associated joint venture with Guardant Health
- Represented private equity firm Symphony Technology Group in its acquisition of Erecruit, an enterprise staffing software platform from North Bridge Growth Equity
- Represented TubeMogul (NASDAQ:TUBE), anenterprise software company for digital branding, in its sale to Adobe through an all cash tender offer for $540 million
- Represented Jamba, Inc., a global lifestyle brand that serves fresh smoothies, bowls and justices, in its sale to Focus Brands through an all cash tender offer for $200 million
- Represented Cypress Biosciences, Inc., a pharmaceutical company, in its defense of a hostile takeover bid and, subsequently, the sale of the company Ramius, LLC. and Royalty Pharma through an all cash tender offer for $225 million
- Advised Websence, Inc. (NASDAQ: WBSN), a provider of web filtering and web security software, in activist shareholder and corporate governance matters, its acquisitions of several companies, including Port Authority Technologies and SurfControl and, ultimately, its sale to Vista Equity Partners through an all cash tender offer for $1 billion
- Represented Battery Ventures in its acquisitions of Enviance, Inc., a leader in cloud-based environment, health and safety management software and Remedy Interactive, Inc., an ergonomics and safety management software and analytics company
- Represented Entropic Communications, a leader in home networking and digital entertainment, in its acquisition of Arabella Software, Ltd.
- Represented Continuous Computing Corporation, a provider of integrated platform solutions to network equipment providers, in its acquisition by RadiSys Corporation
- Represented Enerdyne Technologies, a provider of integrated platform solutions to network equipment providers, in its acquisition by RadiSys Corporation
- Represented Enerdyne Technologies, a provider of innovative video data link equipment and digital video systems for defense and intelligence markets, in its acquisition by ViaSat, Inc
- Represented Vico Software, a recognized leader in 5D virtual construction software and consulting services, in its acquisition by Trimble
- Represented ProfitLine, Inc., a provider of telecom expense management services, in its acquisition by Tangoe, Inc
- Represented AdvancedMD Software, Inc., a leading provider of web-based medical practice management solutions, in its acquisition by Francisco Partners
- Represented JMI Equity, a growth equity firm focused on investing in leading software companies in the sale of its portfolio company, TC3 Health, Inc. to Emdeon, Inc
- Represented CodeRyte, Inc., an industry leader in clinical natural language processing technology and computer-assisted coding solutions for healthcare outpatient providers, in its sale to 3M
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
- Co-author, “The Role of Directors in M&A Transactions,” ABA Business Law Section (May 2019)
- University of California, Davis School of Law (J.D.)
- California State University San Marcos (B.A.)
- American Bar Association
- M&A Committee of the Business Law Section