Peter Loh is vice chair of the Distribution & Franchise Practice and a complex commercial litigation lawyer at Foley & Lardner LLP. Peter represents plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of complex commercial disputes throughout Texas and beyond in the retail, tech, finance, energy and manufacturing sectors. Peter has been lead counsel in many successful cases involving breach of contract, fraud, trade secret misappropriation, negligence and violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act, as well as trademark and copyright infringement. Peter has extensive experience litigating against the Department of Labor and Small Business Administration on behalf of a national franchise system in cases involving employment misclassification and the issuance of loans from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
He has handled cases in state and federal courts in Texas, Oklahoma, California, New York, Hawaii, Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana, Delaware, New Mexico and Pennsylvania. While he has extensive courtroom experience, Peter also spends a significant portion of his practice counseling clients on how to avoid litigation – recognizing that clients view it as inconvenient, expensive, and unpleasant. They appreciate his pragmatism and his ability to view litigation – or potential litigation – as a business dispute in search of a business solution. Peter is also known for his immediacy and accessibility when it comes to responding to client phone calls, emails, and texts.
He also speaks basic conversational Mandarin.
- 1st Global Inc.
- Black Dutch Management LLC
- Blevins Inc.
- Brinker Texas Inc.
- Colonial Savings, F.A.
- CompSource Oklahoma
- Elias Industries, Inc.
- ISC Group Inc.
- iServe Residential Lending LLC
- Jani-King International Inc.
- John M. Floyd & Associates Inc.
- McGrath RentCorp
- Nationstar Mortgage LLC
- Novaria Group
- ProSupps USA LLC
- TGI Friday’s
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Association
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Association
- Speaker, "How to Defend Against Joint Employment and Employee Misclassification Claims," Foley & Lardner LLP Law of Product Distribution Franchise Seminars (2018-present)
- Guest Lecturer, eDiscovery and related issues, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (2013)
- Graduate, Leadership Dallas class of 2018, Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce
- President, Swiss Avenue Historic District Association (2017-2019)
- Member of Board of Directors, Dallas Council on World Affairs (2018-Present)
- Executive Vice President, Swiss Avenue Historic District Association (2016-2017)
- Treasurer, Swiss Avenue Historic District (2014-2015)
- Chair of Advancement Committee, Circle 10 Troop 43, Boy Scouts of America
- Vice President, Vogel Alcove, Flight Young Professionals Founding Board of Directors (2013-2014)
- Coach, St. Thomas Aquinas Wildcats, Dallas Little League (2013-2016)
- Member, St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School Parents' Advisory Council (elected 2010-2013)
- Vice President, Board of Directors, Lower Greenville Neighborhood Association (Dallas; elected, 2009-2012)
- Graduate, Leadership Arts Institute, Business Council for the Arts (2006-2007)
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters® business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine
- Business Litigation (2020)
- Recognized, Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine
- Business/Commercial Litigation (2016-2020)
- The University of Texas School of Law, (J.D, 2002)
- Member, Texas Review of Litigation Law Journal
- Georgetown University, (B.A.,1995)
- Asian Studies
- Member, Phi Alpha Sigma, The National Political Science Honor Society
- Mandarin Chinese Studies, Beijing University, Beijing, China (1993)
- Texas (2002)
- Texas State Courts (2002)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5thCircuit (2011)