The success of any business depends on its ability to retain and motivate talented employees, particularly in today’s changing environment. Structuring an effective executive compensation plan that takes into account a myriad of business considerations, tax consequences, market trends, and other legal issues can be daunting.
We hosted a Foley Executive Briefing Series seminar that clarified the many complexities and addressed the questions on everyone’s mind when developing a compensation plan:
- What incentives can or should be included in a compensation plan?
- What are the pros and cons of different incentives and strategies?
- What tax benefits are available for both executives and their employers?
- What impact does the employer’s legal structure have on the types of executive compensation plans available?
- How has Section 409A changed the landscape, and what can be done to mitigate its impact?
- What are recent market trends in compensation and reward systems?
- What pitfalls should be avoided?
This interactive panel was moderated by Foley attorneys Edouard C. LeFevre, Beth J. Felder, and Kenneth R. Appleby.
For additional information, please contact Wendy Decker at [email protected] or 617.342.4000.
Compensating and Retaining Key Personnel is part of the Foley Executive Briefing Series. Learn more about upcoming programs in the series at Foley.com/FEBS.