Beth J. Felder is a partner in the firm’s Private Equity & Venture Capital and Transactional & Securities Practices, as well as the Technology Industry Team. She focuses primarily on venture capital investments, middle market mergers and acquisitions, private equity and debt offerings, intellectual property issues, and general business planning.
Beth represents venture capital and private equity funds, as well as private companies in all stages of growth, in the emerging technology and life science industries. She also acts as special mergers and acquisitions counsel for private companies in the manufacturing, service, technology, health care and life science sectors, most frequently representing the sellers or their management teams.
- Representation of a private equity fund in a single asset continuation transaction and related new fund raise.
- Representation of a venture capital fund in numerous venture investments in the life science sector.
- Representation of various private companies in sales and acquisitions ranging from US$500,000 to over US$150m.
- Representation of private companies in secured debt financings ranging from US$750,000 to US$150m.
- Representing and counseling companies and management teams of private companies in sale transactions with respect to structure, business terms, ongoing employment, and other arrangements.
- Representing and counseling companies in various development stages with respect to formation, operational and employment issues, contract negotiation, financing, and exit strategies.
- Representing companies in structuring and negotiating software development, reseller, OEM (original equipment manufacturers), license, and other technology agreements.
- Representing companies and investors in venture capital investments.
- Representing companies and individuals with respect to shareholder agreements, employment agreements, and other management compensation issues.
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized by the Legal 500 for her work in the area of venture capital and emerging companies (2013)
- Recognized as one of the top venture capital investment attorneys in Massachusetts by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2010)
Presentations and Publications
- Beth has lectured on various issues related to representation of portfolio companies in venture capital financings, preparing companies for sale and the structuring of strategic relationships.