Patent portfolio medical device IP executives are well rehearsed on the importance of filing utility patents to protect the structural and functional aspects of a product. However, one area of patent protection often overlooked is the design patent. The ability of a design patent to protect against knockoffs and provide advantages over trade dress rights makes it a vital component of a company’s overall patent portfolio.
- Key differences between utility and design patents
- Diversifying IP investments with design protection
- Opportunities for saving time and money
- Filing design patents abroad
This two day conference will address vital considerations for medical device executives to navigate patent requirements and legal protection in the United States and abroad.
Additional topics include:
- Developing and Protecting a Valuable Medical Device Patent Portfolio
- Patent Reform
- Where to File: Early-Stage Strategy
- Maximizing M&A Opportunities though Strong IP
- Venture Capital: Establishing Proper IP Position for Due Diligence