IP counsel continue to face unpredictability given the current IP landscape and business climate. Whether from emerging or disruptive technologies, changes in patent subject matter eligibility, effects of recent Supreme Court decisions, and/or budget restraints, today’s counsel is forced to be nimble. The combination of these factors with the pressure of devising scalable and flexible solutions on a dime make it increasingly difficult to align IP strategies with a company’s larger corporate goals. Pivoting at the right time and with the right strategy can be the difference between obsolescence and prosperity.
Gain practical insights from your peers on their strategies in directing such inflection points as well as agility in implementing new IP strategies in light of recent legal developments at Foley’s 15th Annual IP Conference – “Knowing When and How to Pivot”.
This conference is a thought leadership forum is intended for IP in-house counsel and business executives. For more information and to express interest in attending the conference, please click here.
U.S. District Court Judges:
- Hon. Alan Albright, District Judge, U.S. Western District of Texas
- Hon. William M. Conley, District Judge, U.S. Western District of Wisconsin
- Hon. Joy Flowers Conti, Senior District Judge, U.S. Western District of Pennsylvania
- Hon. Sherry R. Fallon, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District of Delaware
- Hon. Maryellen Noreika, District Judge, U.S. District of Delaware
In-House Counsel and Consultants from Global Companies:
- Nadeem Bridi, Chief IP Counsel, Acelity L.P. Inc.
- Scott Rittman, Chief Counsel – Intellectual Property, Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Serena Farquharson-Torres, Ph.D., Senior Patent Counsel, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Jennifer Hamilton, Vice President & Senior Counsel, IP Americas, Diageo plc
- Elizabeth Ortmann-Vincenzo, Assistant General Counsel – Privacy and Data Use, Express Scripts Holding Company
- Carrie Distler, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting, Inc.
- Joe Pierce, Vice President & General Counsel, Hornets Sports & Entertainment
- Karl Reichenberger, Vice President & Co-Chief Patent Counsel, Johnson Controls International plc
- Khalaf M. Khalaf, Senior Managing Director, Legal Affairs & Corporate Secretary, Johnson Outdoors Inc.
- Matthew Griffin, Chief Counsel, Beverages and Nuts; Refrigerated; O That’s Good!, The Kraft Heinz Company
- Anna-lisa Gallo, Associate General Counsel, Head of Intellectual Property, LIXIL Water Technology Americas
- Raven Moore, Managing Counsel, Commercial Litigation and General Counsel, McDonald’s Corporation
- David Kirtley, General Counsel – Americas, Mettler-Toledo, LLC
- Benjamin U. Okeke, Associate General Counsel – Trademark & Digital Brand Protection, Nike, Inc. (Moderator)
- Jyri Lassi, VP Legal, Chief IP Counsel, PayPal Holdings, Inc.
- Jennifer Burdman, Chief Intellectual Property Officer & Deputy General Counsel, PolarityTE, Inc.
- Tanuja Garde, Vice President, Intellectual Property & Licensing, Raytheon Company
- Becky House, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- David Frey, Former Chief IP Counsel, Americas, Rolls-Royce Corporation
- Stuart Kauffman, Chief Marketing Counsel, Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
- Stephanie Lollo Donahue, Senior Director – Patent Litigation, Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC
- Lily Lim, Director, IP, ServiceNow, Inc.
- Phyllis Turner-Brim, Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, IP, Technology, and Brand Protection, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Julian Moore, Associate Director – Legal, Twitter, Inc.
- John Mulgrew, Global Head of IP, Uber Technologies Inc.
|8:00 – 8:45 a.m.||Breakfast and Registration|
|8:45 – 9:00 a.m.||Welcome and Opening Remarks|
|9:00 – 10:10 a.m.||Creating Scalable and Nimble IP Strategies and Operations|
|10:10 – 11:10 a.m.||What Would You Do When the Courts Throw You a Curve Ball? – Cases You Should Know|
|11:10 – 11:25 a.m.||Break|
|11:25 a.m. – 12:25 p.m.||Lessons Learned in False Advertising, Unfair Competition, and Anti-Counterfeiting|
|12:25 – 1:15 p.m.||Networking Lunch|
|1:15 – 2:30 p.m.||General Counsel Panel|
|2:30 – 3:30 p.m.||Emerging Hot Topics: AI and the Changing Privacy and Security Legal Landscape|
|3:30- 3:45 p.m.||Break|
|3:45 – 4:55 p.m.||Views from the Bench – Judges Panel|
|4:55 – 5:00 p.m.||Closing Remarks|
|5:00 – 6:00 p.m.||Reception|
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of 6.0 General credit hour. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Certificates of attendance will be distributed to eligible participants approximately eight weeks after the program via email.
Important Information for New York Attorneys
This program is appropriate for experienced attorneys only.
FTI Consulting is an independent global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. Individually, each practice is a leader in its specific field, staffed with experts recognized for the depth of their knowledge and a track record of making an impact. Collectively, FTI Consulting offers a comprehensive suite of services designed to assist clients across the business cycle – from proactive risk management to the ability to respond rapidly to unexpected events and dynamic environments. The company generated $2.03 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2018. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Post-Conference Reception Sponsor