Foley Partner Jennifer Urban, a member of the firm’s Innovative Technology sector, as well as the Cybersecurity and Privacy, Security & Information Management practices, will present the “Top 5 Takeaways as HHS Addresses Misconceptions on the Applicability of HIPAA to COVID-19 Vaccination Information” at the Thirty-First Annual National HIPAA Summit on Wednesday, March 2, 2022.
Jennifer will provide a brief refresher about who HIPAA regulates and what information it covers, and then dispel five common misconceptions about HIPAA’s applicability to COVID-19 vaccine information. Topics discussed include where HIPAA stands on:
- Asking someone about their vaccination status
- Preventing individuals from disclosing their vaccination status
- Vaccination information stored in employee files
- Covered entity authorization to disclose vaccination information
- Covered entity authorization to disclose COVID-19 testing results
For more information and to register, please visit the National HIPAA Summit website.