Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and Innovative Technology sector team members Jane Blaney (Associate, Washington, D.C.), Jose Lazaro (Associate, Milwaukee), and Andy Lee (Of Counsel, New York) will be on the following panels as part of the NFT.NYC 2024 conference:
Critical Legal Issues in NFT Launches
The legal components of NFT launches and marketplaces in Europe and in the U.S. are enough to make anyone insane. Discuss an approach how to navigate these issues. The audience should take away a basic understanding–or framework–of how a lawyer thinks about global product launches and that a lot of legal problems can be avoided by carefully designing the project.
- Moritz Stilz, Associated Partner
- Kyle Lawrence, Partner, Falcon Rappaport & Berkman, PLLC
- Tom Friend, Business Agility Consultant / Agile Coach / Trainer
- Stephan Dalal, Attorney, Fenwick and West
- Jane Blaney, Associate, Foley & Lardner LLP
Charting Troubled Waters: Navigating the Legal Landscape of NFTs
As the NFT ecosystem continues to evolve, staying informed about proposed legislation, SEC enforcement actions, and federal court decisions is critical. Our discussion will cover the difference between securities and commodities and how NFTs are affected by their possible classification under these two umbrella terms. We will further provide insights into the challenges and opportunities facing creators, collectors, investors, and platforms as the legal terrain continues to shift, and what the industry can expect moving forward from a legal perspective.
- Adam Zuckerman, Latham & Watkins, Crypto Attorney
- Michael Halepas, BlockAML, Founder, Barrister, and NFT Enthusiast.
- Jane King, CEO of LilaMax media at the NASDAQ
- Jose Lazaro, Associate, Foley & Lardner LLP
Regulatory Path Forward for the Application of U.S. Securities Law to NFTs
Examine the evolution of the regulatory landscape applicable to NFTs and digital assets over the last year, including significant SEC court losses and NFT-specific settlements.
- Alissa Jordan, Esq, Lawyer, Ethics Evangelist, and Compliance Pro
- Andy Lee, Of Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Jorge M. Franco, T-Rex Law
- Stephen Wink, Partner at Latham & Watkins LLP
Foley’s Digital Assets, Web3 & NFT (DAWN) team is a proud sponsor of NFT.NYC. Since its inaugural edition in 2019, NFT.NYC has hosted thousands of attendees and hundreds of speakers covering a wide range of topics related to this dynamic field.