Stephanie Adamo is a results-oriented advocate for clients in a variety of industries across the country. A litigation lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, Stephanie helps clients in the health care, automotive, manufacturing, and technology spaces navigate disputes toward resolutions that meet their needs. She has experience in a wide range of complex business litigation, including commercial contract disputes and business tort claims. She also has experience in product liability and investigations. Clients value Stephanie’s discernment and ability to think outside-the-box through all phases of litigation. She has secured favorable outcomes for clients in state courts, federal courts, and arbitration, as well as mediation and settlement.
Prior to practicing law, Stephanie was a special education teacher in the San Diego Unified and Chicago Public School districts.
- Trial counsel for hospital in a two-day evidentiary hearing, securing a favorable ruling on subject matter jurisdiction for client and defeating plaintiffs’ motion to dismiss the hospital’s counterclaims.
- Trial counsel for medical device company in a week-long jury trial arising from a licensing agreement and FDA approval of a medical device, obtaining a complete defense verdict on all claims against client, and prevailing on counterclaims against the plaintiff for breach of contract and misrepresentation.
- Trial counsel for pharmacy benefit manager in a month-long arbitration hearing, successfully defending client against a $250M claim for breach of contract damages.
- Trial counsel for a personal lines property insurance carrier in a two-week arbitration hearing, obtaining recovery from a global reinsurer for ice dam losses.
- Argued before the Court of Appeals of Indiana for manufacturer in indemnity claim, obtaining reversal of the trial court’s order and remand with instructions to enter summary judgment in favor of client.
- Obtained dismissal of defamation and other business tort claims brought against nationwide pharmacy chain by prescribers in federal courts located in Nevada (on summary judgment) and North Carolina (on motion to dismiss).
- Interviewed high-level officials in audit of employment practices of a large municipality.
- Represented a publicly traded financial institution in responding to multiple grand jury subpoenas.
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation (2022-2024)
- Illinois Super Lawyers: Rising Stars for Business Litigation (2021-2023)
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Colorado Lawyers Committee, Board Member