Andres Alvarez-Cordero is a Foreign Legal Consultant authorized to practice law in Mexico. He assists clients in achieving their business goals on complex corporate and commercial transactions both in Mexico and internationally. Clients look for Andres because of his business-minded advice, his ability to identify and minimize risks, and his hands-on approach.
With substantial in-house experience, Andres understands the drivers for business decisions and how legal work can help further overall business goals. He serves as outside general counsel for some clients and advises frequently in M&A transactions, compliance, corporate governance, supply chain and distribution matters. He also provides continuing assistance in several regulatory matters for investors in Mexico, including international trade and customs, antitrust, labor and employment, government procurement, agricultural, and privacy matters. The companies he represents are typically within the technology, financial, manufacturing, consumer, and hospitality sectors. Andres is a member of the firm’s Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) and Transaction Practice Groups.
Andres previously served as general counsel and compliance officer at the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, an agricultural research organization with operations across the globe. While in this position, he was responsible for the organization’s appropriate corporate governance and legal compliance. Prior to that role, Andres worked as a contract manager in the legal department of PepsiCo Mexico, where he drafted, reviewed, supervised and/or negotiated the agreements of the organization’s business units throughout Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean.
- Regularly represents companies across multiple industries in M&A transactions and corporate reorganizations
- Assists manufacturing companies with ethics investigations and compliance training
- Assists multiple clients across a wide range of industries with their labor and employment daily legal needs, including hiring practices, employer substitution and the implementation of health and safety standards, including COVID-19 health and safety protocols
- Represents manufacturing and technology companies with their commercial contractual needs
- Represents clients in connection with government relations, regulatory, compliance, foreign trade, and antitrust matters
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized, The Legal 500 General Counsel Power List
- Mexico (2016)
- Member, Mexican Bar Association
- Assistant Secretary and Board Member, Asociacion de Empresarios Mexicanos
- Member, US-Mexico Bar Association