Amy Ciepluch works closely with employers on the design, drafting, and ongoing legal compliance of their retirement plans, including defined benefit pension, cash balance, and 401(k) plans, as well as their health and welfare programs. She is a partner and chair of the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice and Co-Chair of the Tax, Benefits & Estate Planning Practice Group.
- Working with a publicly traded manufacturing company to successfully implement a defined benefit pension plan in-service distribution option in less than six months’ time.
- Serving as project manager and legal counsel with respect to a large compliance review for a defined benefit pension plan that included review of documents and administrative procedures and testing of all types of plan transactions and calculations against those documents and procedures.
- Assisting with plan design and plan drafting for a 401(k) plan student loan match program.
- Advising self-funded medical plan sponsors on a myriad of compliance issues, including compliance with the Affordable Care Act, No Surprises Act and Price Transparency requirements, and assisting those plan sponsors in working with their third-party administrators to ensure compliance.
- Advising a large retail company on day-to-day health and welfare plan compliance issues, such as issues involving open enrollment, election changes, plan design changes, and vendor errors, via a health plan hotline arrangement.
Awards and Recognition
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2012–2024)
- Member, The State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, The Milwaukee Bar Association