Chris Converse is a mergers and acquisitions lawyer advising private equity funds and businesses across the manufacturing and service sectors. A co-chair of the firm’s Private Equity practice, Chris has executed over 200 M&A transactions with an aggregate deal value exceeding US$6 billion. Chris manages mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, financings, and private offerings of debt and equity for middle-market companies throughout the United States.
Chris is known by clients, such as Rosewood Private Investments, Clavis Capital Partners, LongWater Opportunities, and Sky Island Capital, as a pragmatic and responsive advisor in sophisticated, high value transactions. Working with a team of experienced lawyers, his work spans many industries, including consumer packaged goods, aerospace components, product distribution, energy logistic services, information technology services, and health and nutrition products.
Chris also serves as trusted outside general counsel for family-owned and privately held businesses. In this role, he counsels businesses on acquisitions, corporate governance, tax and employee benefits issues, regulatory compliance, general contract issues, intellectual property protection, and labor and employment matters. Chris deeply values long-standing relationships, while providing forward- thinking, wise and timely business-focused advice.
Awards and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Corporate Law (2015-2024) and Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law (2023-2024)
- Region’s most influential business leaders in North Texas, D CEO’s Dallas 500 (2022)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, Corporate Law: General (2015); Corporate Law: Mergers and Acquisitions (2017)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Tom Wicker ed., Chambers & Partners) in the practice area of Corporate/M&A (2016, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2023)
- 40 Under 40 Recognition Award, M&A Advisor (2014)
- Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine, Business/Corporate (2005, 2007-2009, 2013-2015)
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Securities Section, Member
- Former Board Member, Carter BloodCare
- Member, Dallas Arboretum and former member of the Corporate Advisory Committee
- Former Board Member and Secretary, Friends of the Trinity Strand Trail