Stephen Jones advises clients at all stages of the litigation process on a wide range of complex commercial disputes. In conjunction with his commercial litigation practice, Stephen also practices in the area of complex commercial restructuring and advises debtors, secured creditors, official committees of unsecured creditors, commercial landlords, purchasers of assets, investors, and other stakeholders on a broad range of matters, including chapter 11 restructurings, state-court receiverships, out-of-court workouts, acquisitions and sales of distressed assets, wind-downs, and liquidations. Stephen has experience representing clients and handling cases in federal and state courts throughout the country, including Texas, Delaware, Georgia, and New Jersey.
Stephen is a litigator and business attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP. His office is in Dallas, Texas, and he is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Bankruptcy & Business Reorganizations Practices.
Before joining Foley, Stephen served as a judicial law clerk for Justice Eva Guzman of the Texas Supreme Court in Austin, Texas.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, Dallas/Fort Worth Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “Data-Breaches, Bitcoin, and Blockchain Technology: A Modern Approach to the Data-Security Crisis,” Texas Tech Law Review (Summer 2018)
- Co-author, “The CLOUD Act’s Dramatic Impact on International Privacy Laws,” E-Commerce Times (June 7, 2018)
- Author, “Evidence Relevant to Defeat the Rebuttable Rule When Creditor Fails to Give Notice of Disposition Sale,” The American Bank Lawyer (April 2018)