Maren Laurence is an associate in the Intellectual Property Department with Foley & Lardner LLP. She is based in the firm’s Salt Lake City office where she is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group. She represents clients in complex and intellectual property litigation including patent, trademark, unfair competition, trade secret, false advertising, and copyright cases. Maren has appeared before the International Trade Commission as well as federal courts across the country.
Prior to joining Foley, Maren was an associate at a law firm in Salt Lake City where she worked on intellectual property and complex litigation matters. While in law school, Maren served as a licensing associate for the University of Utah where she drafted licensing agreements, negotiated contracts, and managed intellectual property transactions. She also served as a judicial intern writing bench memorandums and conducting research for Judge Jill M. Pohlman at the Utah Court of Appeals. Prior to Maren’s legal career, she was a professional classical musician, performing as a harpist in orchestras and as a soloist.
- Providing ongoing representation for the leading company for professionally installed smart home, distributed audio, and home entertainment systems.
- Providing ongoing representation for a leading fitness company in patent, trademark, trade secret, advertising, and unfair competition lawsuits in courts across the United States, including the International Trade Commission.
- Providing ongoing representation for leading smart home security company in patent infringement in lawsuits in courts across the United States.
- Represented video game merchandise developer in litigation against leading video game company.
- Represented leading company in the arts and crafts industry in trademark and licensing litigation.
* Matters handled prior to joining Foley.
Awards and Recognition
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Trademark Law & Unfair Competition and Trademark Prosecution
- Member, David K. Winder Intellectual Property American Inn of Court