Mitchell Lindstrom is a senior counsel with Foley & Lardner LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Transactions Practice Group and Health Care Practice Group.
Mitchell maintains a comprehensive transactional practice, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and corporate governance matters. Mitchell has significant and particular experience representing clients in the health care space, including hospital systems, providers, medical device companies, life sciences companies, and health care information technology companies. He regularly counsels clients in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint-ventures, reorganizations, and recapitalizations, including strategic enterprises, private equity firms, and family-owned and other closely held businesses.
Mitchell also serves as outside general counsel to a number of companies, including private equity portfolio companies, advising on all matters of corporate and health care law.
Prior to joining Foley, Mitchell was a corporate associate at a prominent Milwaukee-based law firm, where he also served as a summer associate. Mitchell also worked as a legal intern in the Office of the Chief Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service and was a law clerk in the corporate legal department of Emerson Electric.
Health Care Transactions
- Represented Health Care Service Corporation, the U.S.’s largest customer-owned health insurer, in its acquisition of Trustmark Health Benefits, which is a leading third-party administrator of health benefits.
- Represented Aspirus, Inc., a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin, in its assumption of ownership from Ascension Wisconsin of seven hospitals, 21 physician clinics, and air and ground medical transport services.
- Represented Aspirus, Inc. in its acquisition of Divine Savior Healthcare.
- Represented a nationally-recognized pediatric behavioral and developmental health provider in a Series D financing round, and in the acquisition of a premier data-driven autism provider in the Northeastern U.S.
- Represented a physician-led autism services company in its acquisition of a developmental pediatric clinic and research group.
- Represented a large West Coast gastroenterology practice in a complex split-off of its practice group, which involved the sale of an ambulatory surgery center, redemption in a management services organization, and the buy-out of certain shareholders.
- Represented a leading provider of complex rehab technology in its acquisition of a provider of durable medical equipment, supplies, and home health care services to workers’ compensation carriers.
- Represented a leading provider of complex rehab technology in its acquisition of a provider of wheelchair-accessible vehicles, chairlifts, and mobility vehicles.
- Represented a health care technology company in its acquisition of a patient, caregiver, and physician feedback technology company.
- Represented a prominent medical staffing and recruitment company that provides workforce solutions in healthcare, IT, and life sciences, in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a telehealth platform, focusing on diabetes management, in its acquisition of its first brick-and-mortar endocrinology practice.
- Represented a regional retail pharmacy in its sale to one of the largest U.S. retail and pharmacy corporations.
- Advised and represented several health systems in joint venture and member substitution transactions that involved expansion on both a regional and national level.
- Represented an orthodontic practice in a sale and equity rollover transaction with one of the largest U.S. ortho-focused dental support organizations.
- Represented various dentists and dental practices in buy-in transactions.
- Represented a pathology lab that offers concierge-level laboratory and diagnostic services to physicians in a restructuring and dissolution transaction involving certain of its laboratory partnerships.
Other Industry Transactions
- Represented Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry in its acquisition of castings manufacturer, DEE, Inc., located in Crookston, Minnesota.
- Represented Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry in its acquisition of the green-sand foundry, Wabash Castings Inc., located in Wabash, Indiana.
- Represented a publicly traded global manufacturer of cranes and lifting solutions in its acquisition of the crane business/division from one of the largest rental equipment companies in the U.S.
- Represented Vectorform, an industry leader in innovation consulting and digital transformation, in its sale to NTT DATA Corporation, a Japanese multinational information technology service and consulting company.
- Represented one of the largest global private equity firms in connection with its acquisition of a forging, heat treating, machining, and manufacturing business in the southern United States.
- Represented a private equity firm and its appraisal management services portfolio company in two bolt-on transactions involving the acquisition of valuation services businesses.
- Represented a foreign buyer in its strategic acquisition of a U.S.-based manufacturer of high-performance composite pre-impregnated and adhesive materials.
- Represented an insurance company in a complex multi-company acquisition of regional insurance companies.
- Represented an automotive manufacturer in its strategic acquisition of manufacturer of fuel cell business.
- Represented one of the largest global drink and brewing companies in two separate tiered buy-outs of two popular U.S. craft breweries.
- Represented the shareholders/seller in the sale of a family-owned craft brewery to strategic investors.
- Represented the shareholders/seller in the sale of a family-owned food manufacturing business to a strategic multi-national buyer.
- Represented the shareholders/seller in the sale of an enterprise resource planning software company to a strategic private equity-backed buyer.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of forklift trucks, pallet jacks, and material handling solutions in several roll-up acquisitions of regional distributors/suppliers.
- Represented various private equity sponsors in over two dozen portfolio company acquisitions, bolt-on transactions, and sale/auction transactions.
- Represented Bank Mutual Corporation (a publicly traded banking institution), in its merger with and into Associated Banc-Corp.
- Represented three separate banks/credit unions in branch sale and acquisition transactions.
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Business Organizations; Corporate Governance and Compliance Law; Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2024)