Thomas (Tommy) M. Little represents developers, lenders, and tenants in real estate financing, development, and leasing matters. Tommy’s practice is focused on the areas of real estate development and finance, golf and recreational amenity, resort development, and commercial lending. He is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Practice.
Tommy has extensive experience representing developers of high-end, single-family, and multifamily real estate projects, including several of the most recognized waterfront condominium developments in Florida, having aggregate sales of more than US $500 million.
His practice also includes both dispositions and acquisitions of commercial developments, office buildings, mixed-use projects, and multifamily projects. Tommy represents both landlords and tenants in connection with commercial leases. Additionally, in the past 25 years, he has represented institutional lenders in connection with acquisition and development loans, construction loans, including syndicated loans, and term loans, as well as represented several lenders in financing more than 100 private golf clubs, public golf facilities, marinas, and destination resorts that have hospitality, golf, and/or yachting as a primary recreational amenity.
Furthermore, Tommy has represented numerous developers of mixed-use projects, providing development solutions for the projects, including devising the structure, planning, and documentation for the governance and operational structure of the respective project and the necessary declarations, reciprocal easement agreements, and development agreements.
Awards and Recognition
- Peer review rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ system
- Recognized, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the practice area of Real Estate (2021-2023)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of:
- Real Estate Law (2006-2024)
- Leisure and Hospitality Law (2013-2024)
- Selected for inclusion to the Florida Super Lawyers lists in the field of Real Estate: Business (since 2008)
- Recognized as one of Florida’s Legal Elite™ by Florida Trend magazine (2005, 2006, 2012 and 2017)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 in the field of Real Estate (2010 and 2016)
In 2013, Tommy contributed more than 100 pro bono hours to the Bay Area Legal Services Volunteer Lawyers Program and was recognized by the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee with a Gold Award. Tommy is also very active in the community and was previously with Big Brothers/Big Sisters.