Omar Lucia is an experienced M&A lawyer counseling private equity funds, public companies, and privately held businesses in complex U.S. and international acquisition and divestiture transactions. Omar is known as a partner to his clients, advising them through the lens of their business goals in the structuring and negotiation of middle-market transactions. He employs sophisticated legal skills along with a business-minded, solutions-focused approach, and a seasoned team of professionals to assist his clients in both deploying capital efficiently across a variety of industries as well as maximizing returns on their invested capital through sales and recapitalizations.
Omar also serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Private Equity Practice.
- Represented Wynnchurch Capital in the purchase of the domestic and international operations of Latham Pools, and ultimately, its sale to Pamplona Capital
- Represented two private equity funds in their acquisition of United States Pipe and Foundry Company, LLC, and Fast Fabricators LLC from Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE: MWA), numerous bolt-on acquisitions, and ultimately, the sale of the platform to Forterra Pipe
- Represented Advanced Energy Industries (NASDAQ: AEIS) in connection with its carve-out purchases of Artesyn Embedded Power Business and SL Power
- Represented a family ownership group in the sale of their aerospace testing business to a large private equity fund
- Represented Peninsula Capital in its investment in Republic Fire & Safety, numerous bolt-on acquisitions, and ultimately, its sale to CI Capital
- Represented a UK-listed public company in its acquisitions of a US-based wire and cable distributor, a US-based specialty fastener distributor, and several US-based wire harness distributors
- Represented a multinational automotive supplier in the sale of its manufacturing operations in Mexico
- Represented a private equity fund in its purchase of the global operations of a supplier of noise vibration and harshness products, along with bolt-on acquisitions and ultimately, its sale to a public company
- Represented Amcor Rigid Plastics in its purchases of operations in the U.S., Canada, and South America
- Represented a private equity fund in the purchase of an aluminum extrusions distribution business and numerous bolt-on acquisitions
Awards and Recognition
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Corporate Law (2023)