Laura Mikeworth is dedicated to helping her clients effectively navigate a broad range of complex construction, hospitality and real estate matters. As a member of the firm’s Construction Practice, Laura represents clients on strategic deal structuring and construction contract formation. She drafts and negotiates construction contracts, subcontracts, consultant agreements, design agreements, design-build agreements, construction management agreements, and other project related documents. She has experience with a variety of construction-related forms, including AIA, EJCDC, and DBIA.
As a member of Foley’s Real Estate Practice, Laura represents real estate developers, investors, owners, and tenants in a variety of complex real estate matters, including acquisitions and sales, development, financing, and leasing. As part of the firm’s Hospitality & Leisure industry group, Laura represents companies that develop, own, and operate hotels and resorts. She also has significant experience on real estate aspects of wind, solar, energy storage, and other energy projects, including working on site control documents, title, survey, and other development, permitting, and financing matters.
- Drafted, reviewed, and negotiated a variety of construction and design contacts for one of the country’s largest privately held companies in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Drafted, reviewed, and negotiated construction and design contracts for the construction and enhancement of facilities across the country for one of the largest food and beverage manufacturers in the United States.
- Represented a global financial technology company in negotiation of the construction contract for its new corporate headquarters.
Hospitality and Real Estate
- Represented a national hospitality brand in the development and acquisition of a 150-room build-to-suit property in New York City.
- Represented a regional hospitality operator in the sale of a historic hotel in South Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
- Represented a developer in connection with US$500m sale of a portfolio of self-storage properties located across the country.
- Represents a major renewable energy company in the development and sale of various solar energy projects located in Wisconsin.
- Represented a major U.S. financial institution on real estate diligence and related work in its tax equity investments in a variety of energy projects throughout the country, including projects located in California, Nevada, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, and Texas.
Laura is very involved in the Milwaukee community and is currently a member of the board of directors for the Skylight Music Theatre located in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward.
Laura is committed to pro bono legal services through her participation as a volunteer and clinic coordinator with the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Wills for Heroes program. She also dedicates pro bono time to the representation of a variety of nonprofit organizations in the Milwaukee community.