Alexander (Alex) Miska advises clients in a variety of corporate matters, with an emphasis on mergers, acquisitions, and private equity investments across a broad array of industries.
Alex represents private equity and corporate strategic clients in structuring, negotiating, documenting, and closing public and private investments, mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions. His practice includes advising private equity funds with their portfolio companies, specifically with respect to their purchase, ongoing representation, and sale.
Alex is a former member of the firm’s Associates Committee. Prior to joining Foley, he practiced at another prominent law firm in Boston where he represented clients in a variety of corporate, securities, and commercial finance transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private placements, and loan originations and modifications. He also advised clients on a range of international, federal, state, and local tax matters.
- Represented Post Haste Digital, a company that handles English dubbing, audio and video mastering, and servicing for major film and television studios, in its acquisition by Deluxe Media Entertainment.
- Represented private real estate fund manager Origin Investments in its strategic transaction and partnership with Kovitz Investment Group and Focus Financial Partners.
- Represented developer of digital business and application integration software Software AG in its acquisition by StreamSets, Inc.
- Represented 21-site family-owned car wash platform in its acquisition by New Mountain Capital.
- Represented hot cloud storage company Wasabi Technologies in achieving unicorn status in $125M Series D equity round.
- Represented Housatonic Partners in its strategic growth investment in Mobile Vascular Physicians.
- Represented Sumo Technologies in its acquisition by One Source Communications.
- Represented global digital sports and entertainment company Team Whistle in its acquisition by ELEVEN SPORTS.
- Represented Shanghai, China-based full-service Clinical Contract Research Organization dMed Global in merger with Clinipace Incorporated.
- Represented health care analytics company Panalgo in its acquisition by Managed Markets Insight & Technology and Evaluate.
- Represented bioconvergence company BICO Group AB in its acquisition of Advanced BioMatrix Corp.
- Represented Housatonic Partners in its acquisition of international money transfer service provider Maxitransfers LLC.
- Represented AUA Private Equity Partners and its portfolio company Gourmet Culinary Partners in multiple strategic acquisitions.
- Represented global digital sports and entertainment company Team Whistle in its acquisition of digital entertainment studio New Form.
- Represented Housatonic Partners in sale of its portfolio company Circle Graphics Holdings.
- Represented Housatonic Partners and its portfolio company Calo Programs in acquisition of behavioral health company InnerChange holdings.
- Represented data protection and cybersecurity company Carbonite, Inc. In its acquisition of cloud backup vendor Mozy, Inc.
- Represented global digital sports and entertainment company Team Whistle in its acquisition of Vertical Networks.
- Represented global digital sports and entertainment company Team Whistle in its Series D fundraise.
- Represented Sverica Capital in the recapitalization of its portfolio company Resonetics LLC.
- Represented human resources consulting firm Executive Alliance in its acquisition by Sikich LLP.
- Represented intermodal transport services provider in its acquisition by RoadOne IntermodaLogistics.
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Corporate Law (2021-2024).