Robert (Rob) Stewart is a fearless litigator and trial lawyer. He works on high-stakes business disputes that involve fraud, trade secret misappropriation, false advertising, breach of contract, and defamation. When faced with their toughest cases, clients turn to Rob for his strategic sense and skillful ability to persuade judges and juries.
Rob represents various clients throughout the United States, including tech startups, healthcare facilities and providers, hospitality and gaming groups, landowners and developers, and solar and renewable energy companies. With a strong work ethic and command of the law, Rob takes charge in his clients’ pre-suit investigations, critical depositions, and trials. Several clients turn to Rob for their matters in Las Vegas, Nevada, where Rob actively litigates, as well as in California and Utah.
Before joining Foley, Rob clerked for two years for U.S. District Court Judge Anthony W. Ishii in California.
- Represented a leading fitness company in false advertising, trade secret, and patent infringement lawsuits in Delaware.
- Represented the plaintiff in a fraud and breach-of-contract lawsuit against a multibillion-dollar investment firm in California.
- Represented the plaintiffs in a fraud and unfair competition lawsuit against a multibillion-dollar resort company in Nevada.
- Represented the defendants in a breach-of-contract lawsuit involving a multi-beneficiary deed of trust for a Las Vegas Strip property.
- Represented one of the defendants in the CityCenter / Harmon Tower (luxury Las Vegas Strip properties) construction defect lawsuit, which was one of the largest construction defect lawsuits ever in the United States.
- Represented the plaintiffs in a 42 U.S.C. § 1983 lawsuit against the City of Las Vegas and certain members of the Las Vegas City Council for alleged constitutional violations.
- Represented a bidder in the administrative RFP bid protest for a multimillion-dollar City of Las Vegas government contract for IT equipment and services.
- Represented a bidder in the administrative RFP bid protest for a multimillion-dollar State of Nevada government contract for healthcare staffing and services.
Awards and Recognition
- Mountain States Rising Stars (2023)
- The Salt Lake Tribune Pro Bono Initiative