Trevor Will is a partner and litigation attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP with a broad general litigation background, and concentrates in the areas of product liability, toxic torts and utility facility permitting. Trevor is experienced in handling mass litigation, as he is responsible for defending a number of companies in asbestos litigation in Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota. He has tried a number of such cases to defense jury verdicts, and has argued asbestos issues in the supreme courts of Wisconsin and Minnesota and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Perhaps as importantly, he also implemented and administers a cost-effective system for investigating and resolving such cases short of trial. Trevor is former chair of the Product Liability Practice and a member of the Automotive, Energy and Insurance & Reinsurance Industry Teams and the Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation Practices.
Not all of Trevor’s time is taken by asbestos cases. He successfully argued the case that established in Wisconsin the principle that where a commercial product fails and does not cause personal injury, the purchaser has no claim in negligence or strict liability, but may sue only for breach of warranty, Sunnyslope Grading, Inc. vs. Miller, Bradford & Risberg, Inc., 148 Wis. 2d 910, 437 N.W.2d 213 (1989). Also, he has been an adjunct professor at Marquette Law School, where he taught a class in complex litigation.
Awards and Recognition
- Selected to The BTI Consulting Group’s coveted BTI Client Service All-Stars lists for 2014 and as an MVP for 2015; This elite group of standout attorneys — identified solely through unprompted client feedback — are recognized as delivering the absolute best client service
- Peer review rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ system
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of:
- Energy Law (2007 – 2023)
- Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants (2011 – 2023)
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants (2011 – 2023)
- Named the Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Milwaukee in the fields of:
- Energy Law (2014 and 2021)
- Mass Tort Litigation/Class Action – Defendants (2015)
- Selected for inclusion to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers list (2011 and 2012)