John K. Wilson is a corporate lawyer whose practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate financings, and securities law matters. He currently represents Fortune 500, middle-market and emerging public and private companies in a variety of industries on their transactional and corporate matters. He is a co-leader of the firm’s Capital Markets and Public Company Advisory practice and a partner in the Transactional & Securities Practice, as well as the Energy and Manufacturing Industry Teams.
John advises buyers and sellers, both domestically and internationally, in public and private mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, spin-offs, tender offers, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, and joint ventures. He also represents issuers and investment banks in public and private equity and debt securities offerings. He regularly counsels management, boards of directors and board committees of a number of public companies regarding federal securities law compliance, disclosure and reporting, corporate governance, executive compensation, fiduciary duty, shareholder activism, takeover defense, and liability management matters.
Awards and Recognition
- Named to the BTI Client Service All Star list (2022)
- Recognized, BV® Distinguished™
- Recognized, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the fields of Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions (2010-2023)
- Recommended, The Legal 500 in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions (2012-2015)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of:
- Corporate Governance Law (2014-2024)
- Corporate Law (2013-2024)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2013-2021)
- Named the Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Milwaukee in the fields of:
- Corporate Governance Law (2018, 2021, and 2023)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2020 and 2023)
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Star list (2006, 2007, 2010)
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, American Bar Association
Presentations and Publications
John is a frequent speaker on corporate governance, securities law disclosure as well as mergers and acquisitions matters.