David (Dave) Wright is an intellectual property litigation lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP and managing partner of the firm’s Salt Lake City office. He is a member of the Innovative Technology and Health Care & Life Sciences Sectors.
Dave’s practice focuses on complex and intellectual property litigation, including false advertising, unfair competition, theft of trade secret, and copyright, patent, and trademark infringement cases. He offers experience in transactional matters, such as licensing and contracts, as well as providing strategic counseling on implementing corporate IP policies and procedures. Dave has successfully represented clients at the appellate and trial court stages in federal and state courts, including before the U.S. Supreme Court, and before the International Trade Commission.
He formerly taught Patent Litigation and Counseling as an Adjunct Associate Professor of Law at the J. Reuben Clarke Law School at Brigham Young University.
Awards and Recognition
- U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers, Litigation – Intellectual Property and Litigation – Patent (2010-2024)
- Mountain States Super Lawyer
- Utah Super Lawyer (2007, 2009-2012)
- Cambridge Who’s Who
- Martindale Hubbell AV-rated
- Recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the practice area of intellectual property (2022-2023)
Presentations and Publications
- Speaker, “Recent Trends in IP Damages,” 2022 Utah Bar IP Summit (February 18, 2022)
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Member, American Bar Association
Dave is fluent in Spanish.