Golf Clubs and Resorts
At Foley, we have a comprehensive team of legal professionals with the depth and breadth of resources and experience to handle the critical issues facing golf courses, private clubs, and resorts. This industry experience is why we are one of the premier law firms for companies in this industry.
A multidisciplinary team, we have strong backgrounds in multiple practices including real estate, tax, land use, finance, capitalization, privacy, securities, environmental, water rights, intellectual property, and construction, which enables us to skillfully guide developers, owners, operators, managers, members, associations, government agencies, and lenders in projects involving golf courses, clubs, and resorts in a variety of matters. We have assisted clients in this space in:
- Acquisition, disposition, and leasing
- Planning and development
- Project financing
- Membership programs
- Operations and management
With our significant experience in the industry, we can fully address any critical issues that may arise in your golf or other private club or resort business.
- Represented Wind Rose, a preeminent “club-within-a-club,” and its affiliated clubs in its formation and structuring. Wind Rose is a private club that will own residential interests and golf memberships in private residence clubs and golf clubs located around the country.
- Represented Mayacama Golf Club, a private club located in Sonoma, in its sale of membership interests based upon a 30 year refundable deposit, similar to golf club membership programs, and in its registration of the time share interest with the California’s Department of Real Estate.
- Represented 32 Winds, LLC, a preeminent club-within-a-club that is in the process of being that owns residential interests and golf memberships in private residence clubs and golf clubs located around the country, in the structuring of its limited liability company entity.
- Represented BVG Resort Homes, Ltd. In connection with the structuring, financing, and implementation of an equity destination club.
- Represented Toll Brothers, a leading US-based home construction company which specializes in building luxury homes in connection with the sale of six golf and sports clubs located in Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina. Also advised on repositioning the mixed-use development known as Riverton Point in South Carolina, including drafting the governance documents and the golf club membership documents.
- Represented Arcis Equity Partners, LLC in the revision of club membership documents for The Club at Pradera and The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge.
- Represented Sunroad Enterprises in the preparation of membership documents for the Maderas Country Club locates in Poway, California.
- Represented client in the drafting and negotiation of a private placement memorandum for memberships in a golf course master planned community in Idaho.
- Represented Kitson & Partners, LLC, the owner of Ibis Golf and Country Club, a large golf and social club located in the Ibis Golf and Country Club 1700 unit master planned community in West Palm Beach, Florida with respect to the turnover and conveyance of the Club to its members and the implementation of an equity membership program.
- Represented a home builder in connection with the acquisition of Parkland Golf & Country Club, a development project located in Southeast, Florida, which included golf and country club facilities structured as an equity club.
- Represented a private real estate development company in connection with the acquisition of a development project in Southwest Florida, which includes golf and country club facilities structured as an equity club.
- Represented Arcis Golf in connection with all of their private club acquisitions and restructuring of their private club membership programs.
- Represented Kaiya Club, a privately owned club and operated social and resort club facility located in Santa Rosa Beach, FL. Our team assisted in documentation of the membership plan for the Kaiya Club.
- Represented the Stanly Ranch Club (also known as The Auberge Club at Stanly Ranch), in Napa, California in the creation of private non-equity club membership program and preparation of membership documents.
- Represented Rancharrah in Reno, Nevada in the creation of a residential community club membership program and preparation of membership documents.