Kevin E. Hyde works with employers to mitigate risks, prevent problems, and litigate on behalf of clients when their actions are challenged. Established in the Jacksonville area and entrenched in civic organizations for decades, Kevin has been recognized numerous times as “Lawyer of the Year” in Jacksonville by Best Lawyers. He puts his knowledge of the business climate and experience with community matters to work for clients.
A partner and employment lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, Kevin represents employers in a variety of human resources matters. His practice focuses on ongoing employment counseling and workplace safety, as well as representation of employers in numerous charges of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage-hour, and management-union matters.
Kevin is the former managing partner of the firm’s Jacksonville office and a former chair of the Labor & Employment Practice. He is a member of the Automotive and Food & Beverage Industry Teams and the Manufacturing Sector.
Kevin speaks regularly about employment issues at national, regional, and state-wide business and civic organization conventions across the country.
- Peer review rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- Labor and Employment Law (1999 – 2011, 2023)
- Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management and Litigation – Labor & Employment (2011 – 2024)
- Jacksonville's "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers®
- Labor Law - Management (2019, 2021, 2023)
- Employment Law - Management (2018)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment (2024)
- Who’s Who Legal USA – Management Labor & Employment
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business - Labor & Employment (2008 – 2023)
- Florida’s Legal Elite™ by Florida Trend magazine
- Florida Super Lawyers® (2006 – 2018)
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1988)
- University of South Florida (B.A., magna cum laude, 1984)
- Florida Bar Labor and Employment Certification Committee - Member
- Florida Bar Labor and Employment Section - Past chair
- University of North Florida – Chair, board of trustees
- Jacksonville City Council - Past president
- Florida State College of Jacksonville – Former interim president
- Jacksonville Public Education Fund – Chair, board of directors
- Library Foundation of Jacksonville – Chair, board of directors