Justin Lauria-Banta focuses his representations on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and equity financing for venture capital clients. Justin also regularly acts as outside general counsel for venture-backed companies. As a member of the firm’s Racial Justice and Equity Group, Justin also assists in the identification of potential engagements in matters involving unfair and unequal treatment based on race or ethnicity.
Before entering law school, Justin worked as a financial analyst with a Fortune 100 company.
- Represented Century Equity Partners in divestiture of Flores & Associates, LLC.
- Represented Advocate Aurora Health in its strategic combination with Atrium Health to create the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the country, with US$27bn in combined revenue and 67 hospitals located in six states.
- Represented AXA Investment Managers in its investments in Eyenuk, Inc., Maternal Newborn Health Innovations, Inc., CXL Ophthalmics, Inc., and Ophirex, Inc.
- Represented The Manitowoc Company, Inc. in its acquisition of Aspen Equipment Company.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 2019)
- Saul L. Nadler Memorial Award, presented annually to students who have done outstanding work in courses and written projects relating to commercial law, corporate law, creditors’ rights, and securities regulation.
- Associate Editor and Online Edition Editor, Michigan Business & Entrepreneurial Law Review
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (B.S., 2015)
- Law Firm Antiracism Alliance
- Co-author, “AI and Carbon Credits: How the Emergence of AI Tools and Technologies Facilitates the Use of Carbon Credits,” Energy Current blog and Foley Insights (February 2023)
- Co-author, “SEC Adopts New Rules Requiring Universal Proxy Cards in Contested Director Elections,” Foley Insights (December 2021)
- Co-author, “Modernization of Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Other Financial Disclosures” Foley Insights (November 2020)